Mercury Humpback Cleaver 30 p

Jay Martin

Want to trade my Mercury Humpback Cleaver 30 p for a Drag 4 30 pitch. It has a New 15 spline hub that has maybe a total run time of 20 minutes.
The cleaver has had some mild tip work for better lift, not much, just a little.no nicks or dings, prop is in perfect condition...

Last edited:

whipper

Like Gary said Ive always thought those are the sickest looking wheels out there!!

Jay what application did you use it on and what do you think it would be best suited for? Ive always wanted to know how they would work on an Allison. Your the only person I know that has used one.

Sweet Looking Wheel!!!

Jay Martin

Like Gary said Ive always thought those are the sickest looking wheels out there!!

Jay what application did you use it on and what do you think it would be best suited for? Ive always wanted to know how they would work on an Allison. Your the only person I know that has used one.

Sweet Looking Wheel!!!
First of all with my XB03 loaded up front with troller and tackle was an issue, the tip work pretty much solved that problem. The prop could still stand less weight in the bow.

It needs a higher rev limiter than what my yamaha has which is 64-6500.
I think a XB02 or a Grandsport would do great with it.

Actually its not really the boat, It's my motor. I can't run the same props (to some degree) that most Allison with Mercs run.

It handles great and gets there quick, most excitement from a prop I've had so far since My first run with the Hydromotive o/t 4.

xb03fs

Can you tell me how drag IVs run compared to quad IV and if they are stiff or easy to turn by stamped pitch

suicidealli

I have ran both I think the 28 quad 4 OT feels like a 29+.
the 28 drag4 act like a 28 til you get in the upper rpms, then it grows legs.
On the same exact set up I ran 4% slip 80 mph with the quad4, and 2% slip with the 28 drag 4. The 26 drag 4 I ran also had 2% slip. I run 1.75 gears, so most boats are going to have more sl than me. This was with a fishing load. both drags had dome extra tip cup, which I highly recommend.

Hope it helps. I know where there is a nice 26 drag 4 polished 525.00. It is my old one.
A guy with a bullet has it.. He is on the limiter with it.
Did I just hijack jay post....:-(
Roy

whipper

Like Roy said. Ive had several 28 drag4,s but only one the first one had tip cup. It ran the best. This 30 Humpback sounds very intriguing also I would say. Its most definatly a 10 on the cool factor.