Megasquirt on 2.5?

njj502

Anyone ever used Megasquirt to control the EFI and timing on a 2.5L? A buddy of mine just set up his Polaris 600 Indy sled with EFI and a turbo... we were just discussing setting my ProMax up on it......

patches

Not that I know of. Is it compatible with a 2 stroke. There are other engine management systems on the market but in my opinion there is a ton of possibility in a 2.5 before you outgrow the factory setup. If you don't mind spending the time and money talk to GFinch about his setup. Aftermarket engine management is not for the faint of heart on price or time it takes to tune it correctly

njj502

YeYes it's compatible with 2stroke. The Indy 600 is 2 stroke. I fully understand the complications and realize it's not for the faint of heart. These guys are currently building a 1000HP Twin Turbo 6L LSx. My big thought was you could increase the timing at a cruise state quite a bit to help improve efficiency and make a cleaner fuel curve by monitoring EGT's.

njj502

Not quite sure, depends on how elaborate you go. We think under $1000 with detonation sensor addition, controlling EFI & timing map with us doing all work & tuning. Would be a super fun project & I love the idea of infinitely adjustable timing maps but don't think it's worth the grand right now.

RBT

Yes megasquirt has been done on a 2.5, I forget the guys name but it is on scream and fly. He is in Scandinavia if I recall.

SLOmofo

Eric. "Aftermarket engine management is not for the faint of heart on price or time it takes to tune it correctly". True Dat!
Time on a Dyno, getting it safe. Then time, in the boat, leaning it down below WOT map.

alc

Aftermarket engine management is not the vodo rocket science some would have you to believe. And yes Al Gripo has used the Mega Squrit system on two stroke engines for years with great success. I thought it was vodo untill I started to do my on tunning on my Porsche turbo with they help of Eddie Bello. It takes time to do it w/out the help of a dyno. You have to do your home work. There is a lot of data out there on the snowmobile engines as they have been doing it for a long time.