McCain brings down the house.

RedAllison

They BOTH just mouth runnin, career politicians. :same ole song At least McCain has the distinction and honor of his military service and dedication. (And OH YEAH, Obama smoked crack and organized communties in Chi-town. Can't overlook his professional background!)

I watched the debate the other night, managed to fall asleep only a few times and I came too one final conclusion... WEz FUKKD!!! :cuss Obama did about as well as he normally does, runs his mouth purty good and has that classical poltician thing down pat: Run ya flapper for 5 minutes without answerin one damned question or truely saying a damd thing. The rehearsed answers rolled out of his face as smoothly as his abilities to read the teleprompters. But when they asked the very few questions requiring thought and personal convictions/opinions he stammered around as much as McCain. He truely is the most over rated speaker in Washington right now, but he's the libby and media darling so of course they wont admit jackcrap on him.

Poor ol McCain, he just has the pizaaz and speakin abilities of a garbage collector. :embarassed I truely believe he's already lost the election. He might just be as bad a decision (from an electability point of view) as Bob Dole was in 96! Between the media finally pounding the economy in the ground and making everyone believe it's the Republicans fault and that a vote for McCain would be another 4 years of Bush, I just believe Obama has the keys too PA Ave in his pocket unless he goes off the deep end screws the pooch over the next 3 weeks. The whole bump and hooplah the Repubs got from the convention and announcing Palin IMHO happened to early. They caught the Dams off guard and put them in damage control mode and fear reaction mode for about 2 good weeks. But with the major medias help they got back up and turned it all around and now it seems like Oboy has a pretty good head of steam heading into the last 2 full weeks of the campaign left. In other words the Repubs hit the NOS button to early and now their blue bottles are empty and the finish line is within sight now.

McCain seems like a neat and genuine guy but not really electable, Presidential material. He reminds me of that crazy uncle that every family has, he makes the re-unions about 1ce ever 3-4 years and if you ask 10 different family members about his background you get 10 different answers. I kinda wonder where he'd be right now if he hadn't have gotten smart and married his $100Million wife back when? Exact same thing with John Kerry, where would that ignorant SOB be if his wife wasn't a billionairess?

Sure I'll vote for McCain because I consider Obama another Hillary Clinton in a suit and tie and I fear the liberals in charge of the Damocrap party sitting in the Oval Office. But with the overall global economy in such conditions and the fact that the Dams already have the House and Senate, I'm kinda NOT fearful of Obama being put in charge! The Dams took over in 06 and look where we've ended up. Once everything truely crashes and tanks if they are in charge of the whole shootin match in Washington then they will FINALLY get the blame and just maybe Ma and Pa 6 Pack/Head in the Sanders will finally wake up and realize that liberalism will not work in this free country and those who believe in such are truely ignorant people. (We'll NEVER get the welfare parasites to stop supporting the Dams but if we can ever get the middle grounders to turn on the liberals then we'll have em licked!)

My BIGGEST fear in all actuality is that once Oboy gets in office he'll let Hillary have a seat on the Supreme Court!!! THAT WILL cause a chitload of problems in this country... :punch
RA

The Cashew Kid

(We'll NEVER get the welfare parasites to stop supporting the Dams but if we can ever get the middle grounders to turn on the liberals then we'll have em licked!)
Yep. Poor people have been voting for democrats for 50 yrs and they are still poor. go figure.:don't_care

The Cashew Kid

Oh yeah, I did watch just about all of McCain's routine and I thought he did good. I actually thought the man was funny. I know somebody else prolly wrote it but he did hafta get up there and deliver it and I thought he did a good job. I did not watch one second of Obammer.

RedAllison

That's just it tho Jeffro, "for McCain" he did ok and actually well. But I'm fearful it's to little to late and honestly never was enough to begin with. The guy just aint got the gift of gab and unfortunately most Americans are still so stupid that they STILL believe anything a career politician tells them. I'll go so far as to say in an even dumber sense the man is to broken up, ugly and short to be elected. He just doesn't have the "Presidential look and aire" about him.

Lets be honest, Bush rode in on several pluses. His name got him in the door. Being governor of a big state gave him credence and he had that midwestern, no BS charm and simplicity about himself. It was also there for the Repubs taking after 8 years of the moral issues and stories of the Clinton era. Speaker wise... Bush is the worst at "professional speaking" that I can think of from the modern era.

Look at Clinton he was the greatest speaker since Reagan and far and away the best Damocraptic speaker since Kennedy on a good day and FDR most anytime and is in the Dams history books as one of their best ever. He got elected and re-elected as a result of his being able to connect with and boosheut the crowds.

Bush senior had it all and rode into office as a result of the success of his former boss. But look what happened once things got a little tough and a better speaker came along and stole the mic and spotlight! One and out.

Obviously Reagan mopped the floor with Carter. The man had more charisma yet realness about him than anyone in the last century+. And "holy chit batman", Mondales run against him in 84 was an EMBARASSMENT for the Dams. Mondale and Ferraro couldn't have talked their way into dog catcher much less face one of the greatest speakers the world has ever known.

Jimmy Carter :rolling eyes only got elected as a backlash against the Republicans and the leftover issues from Nixon prior too Ford and the economy. But too his credit he had that smooth, southern charm and those huge teeth going for him. (GOD ONLY KNOWS why that crackhead has become the assclown he has in his latter years!) THANK GOD he went one and out.

Nixon was alot like Truman, a genuinely good man who had the misfortune of inheriting control of a 1ST CLASS HORNETS NEST/CHITPILE to begin with. He mighta dun a stupid thing or two that was just typical politics. But when it came to substance and foreign affairs he truly was a very intelligent man who could be a very persuasive speaker. I don't know WHO could've honestly run the country properly in the state it was during the early 70s. (Musta been a reaction too my birth in 71!!! lmao)

LBJ was a bumbling fool chitkicker who was mad at the world to begin with, he dropped out because he knew he'd lose to begin with if he sought re-election. As for his taking the office in the first place, PRIME example of blind luck/being in the right place at the right time. (I know it's wrong to harbor hatred but I honestly DO hate that man and will go too my grave thinking so! Carter and other Dams have done just outright stupid things but they were so ineffectual it didn't matter. LBJ was a MEAN man with many underlying motives and he died with ALOT of blood on his hands from our soldiers in Nam.)

Kennedy was a dynamic speaker as well once he learned to tone down some of the eliteist, New Englander accent and person in himself. But don't kid yourself, he was hated by as many as he was loved. Only those alive at that time can back that statement up. I don't want to undermine or give lack of credit too some of his greatest accomplishments and as sad as his murder was, his legacy and story is only stronger today as a result of his death. He's almost God like for alot of people and I don't fully believe that would be the case were he still alive today.

Ike was just what you'd expect a kick *** General to be. The WORLD needed an Ike in charge of America at that point in history. Honestly he didn't have to speak, his history spoke volumes for him. But as a general (which means by defintion they are a supreme politician just to attain such rank) he could come across very well and most were to scared to stand up against him if they DID feel otherwise.

Truman was like everyones dearly beloved grandpa, you knew not to stir the still waters but folks still knew they could count on him as the poo-poo was flung into the osciallator! I think alot of folks forget that it was actually he who made the decision and gave the go ahead for droppin Abombs on the Japs! I admire the man, talk about being handed the wheel in the middle of the race. :help With what the world was going through and had just been through a calming yet firm voice is just what everyone was looking for.

If you're over 70 you probably still have a special place in your heart for FDR. But for alot of us with the benefit of youth and hindsight it's really easy to write him off because it was his era and pen that gave us "big govt and spending". We're STILL paying for many programs he implemented during the Depression. But when he took office America was still very much one big farming community and not a SuperPower. FDR also had the benefit of "the old days" on his side. There were no TVs and few radios in most homes back then. He was in a wheel chair but most elected him the first time without knowing he was in such. Today it would be utterly impossible for that to happen, said person would be viewed as weak and vulnerable. BUT that tough ol sumbeech could convince you that the chit sammich he was sellin was better than the pizza you had on the table!

So as it's been for over 200 years and particularly moreso since WWI and the dawning of "America's modern age", it's STILL all about the gum flappin and a presentable package, regardless of what the actuality and end result is. :blah blah blah

Which leaves me to remember these words, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results". :banghead
RA

BigRedAlli

It would be interesting to see theese three choices on the ballot...

1. MaCain...

2. Obama...

3. None of the Above! ( I think This happened in a movie)

Wonder who would win then?

chad202

Marty, you are correct again. How can this be the land of the free and then get only two choices crammed down your throat to choose from for our leader.

RedAllison

Chad I agree with you on the surface but in reality I fear the day we have a REAL ticket with more than 2 big names on it. (The indies and numbnuts usually on there are just a waste of time and usually for people who hit the bong so hard for so long they can't remember the directions too the polls.) By simple math the only way to have a true majority vote is with only 2 choices. If we end up with 3, 4, 5+ good choices then the winner by default is the biggest recipient of what is STILL a minority vote!!!

I wish Washington had the balls to call a spade a spade and just ELIMINATE the names of the parties themselves. The Conservatives vs the Liberals. Pick a side!!!

LOL of course the majority of liberals are ashamed of themselves and rarely have the balls to admit their own label. :razz
RA

Leigh

Since y'all already started the political talk, I'll put in my thoughts.
I wish all Americans would really look at what

RedAllison

Ats my girl LuLu!!! :beer:

I know it's a farce and wish (just like my dream of returning too landowner only voting) but I wish voting was REQUIRED. To much blood spilled, time and money spent getting us too this point for people to just sit on their asses come election day. It's a slap in the face of every veteran (and a spit on the grave of those who didn't come home) to sit an election out. I know some will say, "But that's the beauty of America you can chose to participate or chose to refuse". But refusal aint what got us here. :don't_care

RA

chad202

Jim, I agree. Have just two but with none of the above. If none of the above wins, select two more.

hack02

After the Senate and House voted yes for the bail-out, rescue, Wall Street welfare system, what ever it is; I think anyone in the Senate or House needs to be voted out of office in their next election. Every stinking last one of the bastards.

RedAllison

I agree with you Hackimus, THROW ALL THE A-HOLES OUT. Washington needs a COMPLETE overhaul, look at the mess these career azzhats have gotten us into. Even the good ones, CHUNK THEM TOO!!! Wash the slate clean, shake out the rugs and whitewash the walls. A stem too stern redo!

THAT's what has me so mad about folks complaining about Palin's "lack of experience". Experience doing what? The same old CHIT that got us here in the first place? The same plan, methods and business as usual way of doing things?

I wish SHE was headin up the ticket not because she's a hottie or because she can skin a moose or xyz but because I say give ANYONE without prior Washington "experience" a chance at the reigns. I don't see how they could do anyless than the azzclowns up there now. SOMETHING new has gotta be better than the same ol same ol.

To paraphrase Jack Nicholson as the Joker, THIS COUNTRY NEEDS AN ENEMA!!! :cuss
RA