Maiden voyage

DOUBLE J

I've had the boat down since late January . I had the boat @ my buddy's fiberglass repair shop where I had the boat taken off trailer and any scratches on bottom repaired. Boat buffed, re pin striped and 9" Garmin installed. So yesterday afternoon was shake down day. Ran good but still have a few wiring issues and a lower unit blistering issue on passenger side between bullet and skeg which is hampering my top speed. Think I probably have another 4-5 mph left in her

Attachments

xb03

I've passed your house a few times this year wondering when you were going to come out and play. What prop are you running and at what rpm?

DOUBLE J

I've just been busy and haven't been out as much. I sold a bunch of my props and down to just a few. I've been running the labbed 28 " Lightning RE that I had mother Merc make for this boat ( specified weight and rpm range when building it). It's my favorite out of all the ones I had (Mazco's, Hoss , Ron Hill, full cleaver etc). I didn't look down @ the tach but I would imagine it was around 82-8300 rpm. I was running in a 10 mph steady crosswind as so I wasn't being real aggressive with the trim. There's more to come... I see you are coming to the rally for the first time. You'll have a good time.

bigtis

That's moving. What motor? Got my lil 2.5 200 dialed in running a consistent 101-102 on a gs.

DOUBLE J

That's real quick for a 200. The best I could get with a totally stock 200 w/ a stock sporty(oil injection still on and no Allison mod on lower unit) was right @ 90 by myself. I've ran 107 on a medallion speedo once with 2 people and numerous times @ 105 w/2 (GPS) but this is running the 280SS. I would say you have to have one of the fastest 200 GS's around.

Last edited: