Mad Efi Supercharger

GFinch

He worked on this for some time, it needs a bigger blower. Heres something else he made work.
Brought to you by "Three Red Necks In a Field."
He's making his own engine.
http://www.madefi.com/main.htm

Bush Boat.
Many parts on this engine originated from the Field.

Attachments

jimmyb

making a pressurized crankcase scavenged motor work is problematic.

not saying it couldnt be done (especially with todays much more sophisticated engine control systems), but it would still be a difficult task.

I think the turbo setup from land and sea would be a better bet, especially given the problems of a belt driven supercharger and a 2-strokes need for LOTS of air

GFinch

No argument from here, most things worthwhile are a challenge. He has had an EFI system for years, I believe Dave Bush had the first one, Merc,OMC H/D and now is bringing a new system up. Wolf Management.
Land & Sea hasn't made theirs for years and from what I understand it didn't work out for the most part.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

I think stuff like that is cool. The grass roots stuff is very interesting to read about. I say more power to them!

Jimmy in all seriousness, it seems as though anytime something is like this is posted (grass roots mods to ANY brand motor) you always respond with a negative spin to your posts. Heaven forbid that someone other than MERCURY is doing something for the outboard market. Is it really that big of a threat to your livelyhood?

That is the perception that you project upon yourself...

Paul nichols

+1 to what Darth said.

I guess if it doesn't say ''Mercury'' on the side it's junk. I wish them the best with the motor they're working on and look forward to seeing it run one day.

Paul

LAAllison

Where did you guys read negative or any thing about Merc is Jimmy's response? Can't one offer a thought without someone jumpin on him? Got a complex?

Art

Roll Tide

Paul nichols

Wayne has spent hundreds of hours trying something different and spent thousands dollars (of his own money)on an engine and Jimmy's first comment is that it's not a hot rod motor and it's going to blow. I've never met Wayne, but I admire him for his efforts and hope the best for him and his project.

Paul

chasintail

That supercharger looks almost identical to one I had one an 00 Zo6 vett .The throttle body looks really custom.Did he machine the blower to to put the air intake there?Thats pretty fukn sweet!:beer:

GFinch

nope, but i can say BOOM

"nope" is a negative.

Hey it isn't even Winter yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Calm Down!

GFinch

Funny you said Vett. They toy with a lot of different stuff in the Field.
A motor going to New Zealand. Wolf EFI, Etech slide intake.
Some one else modifies his stuff even further.
The Three Red Necks In The Field. Wayne and the Twins.
They probably produce the most after market castings for outboards. (2)Fuel injection systems(Wolf, SDS) , ignition systems(MSD), alternator systems. The engine that they are going to produce is getting closer.

Attachments

jimmyb

i guess i need to use some more smiley icons or something :smile I thought Gfinch and i were having a nice discussion and i gave reasons for my boom comment (which he didnt seem to take the wrong way) my boom response is just because that is what usually happens to pressure charged 2 strokes... heck, most two strokes end up going BOOM sometime in their lives. take it or leave it

Do i have all the answers? nope (ooops that is another negative) Does mercury have all the answers (nope) Does yamaha? nopes! Does BRP have all the answers? heck no!

so 4 negatives = a positive :laughing (look more smiley icons)

people need to lighten up...

Last edited:

GFinch

jimmyb, truly no harm or foul.
As long as there are two men and one woman there will be competition. If there are more, sides will be picked and teams will be chosen.

Here we have A boats and a large % of type A personality's. I don't fret, were all here because of our, need , love or lust that this boat can fill.

How we get there is whats on the back. Be it a Merc, Yamaha, Omcease ..........
I have a horse of a different color Johnson 3.0 Merc SportsMaster lower unit and a Yamaha water pop off valve, Nippon Denso alternator, just a major cluster %$#@.

This is to everyone, remember "Theres an *** for every seat!" I just choose to power mine seat with an OMcease.:beer::at the bar:beer:

WildWolf

I think its great to see inovation in any field I've always been some what of a gearhead (my DAD is a 45 year Ford tech it tends to effect a guy) since I was a kid dirtbikes,snowmobiles,sprint racing karts, circle track modifided,rear engine dragster, cars,pickups,Class 8 semis and now getting close to an Allison. I read this in my snowmobile mag;

One of the ways to dramatically increase snowmobile performance is by forced induction. It is possible to add a supercharger or turbocharger to 4 stroke snowmobile engines and gain big amounts of horsepower and torque. Typically, supercharging and turbocharging is not ideal on most 2 stroke piston port engines, because forced induction will tend to want to blow out part of the fresh air/fuel mixture out the exhaust port. Forced induction is typically very expensive, but apart from nitrous oxide, turbos and superchargers probably offers the largest increase in performance on a snowmobile.

PS, I know that reed valves do there job, but its still not a 4 stroke, Just my 2 cents.:big grin

WW :beer:

Last edited:

GFinch

Thank you.
Like someone at The War 07 said, "Sounds like a sack of cats."
Thats a "Three neck's in a field" (Wayne Taylor)16" center section with a SuperTrap disk type muffler on an adapter they made for me. They made it, because I was afraid the Sound Police might get their pantys in a wad........if it was just open.
Hopefully at WAR08 it will be be singing a different tune. Crisper!

Attachments