Lone Star shootout

fishnfireman

Did anyone happen to catch the BASS Elite 100 on ESPN this morning.
AWESOME........Six different guys broke the all time BASS 4 day weight record.

Fish Falcon and Amistad a few times and it will spoil you.
Make you start thinking your supposed to catch 75- 100 fish a day, where a 25 pound 5 fish stringer won't even get second look...

pickwickangler

That was a rerun, I seen it a month or so ago. Looked like a ol mississppi hand had to lay the smack down :cool Couldnt have happened to a better guy.

fishnfireman

That was a rerun, I seen it a month or so ago. Looked like a ol mississppi hand had to lay the smack down :cool Couldnt have happened to a better guy.
I was glad to see him do it..It's always good to see one of the ol men whack em.

Your right, they aired it the first time the weekend after the tournament. Which was also there second stop this spring in Texas at Amistad..So I missed it the first go around.

We had a Sun Country Tournament at Amistad that same weekend the Elite boys were finishing up on Falcon...So a lot of those who did not make the top 12..Were at Amistad..altough they could not fish or solicit information..a lot of the guys would come to the weigh in just to listen. We talked to several of them..some of there stories from falcon were awesome.

Fishforcash

I"ve had a few great days in the Tigers but my best bag came across the river in Coyote.

Community next to the State Park produces some huge fish. I've had 4 back to back 8+ fish in there before.

fishnfireman

I"ve had a few great days in the Tigers but my best bag came across the river in Coyote.

Community next to the State Park produces some huge fish. I've had 4 back to back 8+ fish in there before.
I believe one of the Tigers is where Byron and A. Martens were having the turf war.
Just think of what might have happened had only one of them been fishing that spot.

A lot of the locals were saying, prior to the tournament, They figured it would be won shallow in the trees....However the top strings came from long points.

I never did hear where Ellias was at, but it was on a point.

RedAllison

Only thing I can hope for is that the remote distance from most of the population and high gas prices will keep those lakes from getting HAMMERED over the next couple of years as the fishing spotlight is now CENTERSTAGE down there.

BUT distance and gas money might not even be enough to keep that many big fish safe in todays world of angling. :cuss
RA

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Yea they knew I was leaving in the AM and decided to make oil $138 a bbl. :mad: :punch