Lock-bumping will open all of your locks

JWW

Doesn't that suck? My two 'alarms' go off when the neighbors come home, and they go into hyper-drive when someone's at our door :cool

jimmyb

locks are useless...

every house and car that i know of has windows. I live in the country and someone could litterally break every window in my house and no one would know.

as for cars, all it takes is a hole punch and you can break any tempered glass window

hack02

They say all a lock is good for is to keep an honest man honest. A crook or a thief will defeat even the best of them.

whipper

I agree Hack,I never lock my doors Id rather a burglar fece the rath of my BullMastiff than break a window or door when decideing they dont want in anyway. I havent been burglarized in my life and either has my dad in 78 years. He has always had two Dobermans. :big grin James

K.Kiser

I've got revolvers and scatter guns out-tha-wazoo, but I'd like to have another German Sheperd to make the decisions when My Wife and toddler are at home without Me.. A Burglar can get past a lock and many times past the owners, but they seldom get past the dog... They damn sure don't want to try to reason with long set of teeth that has 100 lbs. on the other end of that bite... My Parents had a 105lbs. German Shepard that was very protective of it's fellow "pack" and it's "stompin grounds".. At all hours of the night, I could hear those claws ticking the hardwood/tile floors as She (yes a very large Female) made a dozen or more rounds around the house sniffing around the door thresholds and windows while the Family was sleeping.. It's a good feeling.. There so loving and cuddly, but they can look rather closed minded when the eyes dialate, ears lay flat, lips pull up with that low rumbling exhale... Dogs rule...

RedAllison

Well I'll be damned, that "Peifer Lock" is from a good friend of mine. Glen "Peewee" Peifer is a former pro-fishin buddy of mine from Memphis. He and his father have been in the lock business for years, he used to go deer huntin with us in MO every year and naturally he is a HELL of a fishermen. He did well on the B.A.S.S. trail (the big ones, back when they had the show on TNN was about the time he toured. He was mentioned on the show many times). I'm gonna have to axe him about this "lock bump" thingy.

Hell a lock and alarm are just alerts too me, it allows me to get the .45acp ready on the otherside!!! :twisted evil
RA

whipper

Kiser you bet cha!! Same hear when Im on nights Im not worryed at all. My dad always said when the alarm people would call trying to sell there alarms "You dont make an alarm as good as the one I have" they would always ask what make and he would say Doberman.A good crook knows he has time even if he sets off the alarm, but he could never out run a good gaurd dog! A good dead bold is always nice to have when ya know there are guys using that kinda key and ya dont have a snarly dog.Every house around me has been broken into some more than once. Ive lived in this house for 16years and with out a dout its the dog that stops them from trying and mabe they know me a little too.:laughing James

fishnfireman

James. I know this is kinda cruel....But it's happening more and more.
These dirty BaZZturds that make a living by stealing are getting smarter at figuring things out. ((IF)) they want in or on your property bad enough they WILL figure a way to do it. The really good ones will case a home for several days to find out when is the best time.

As far as the guns or the dogs.....they will be sure to do it while no one is home...All they need to do for the dog is pop a small window and chunk a hamburger patty laced with something to either kill them or render them asleep. Wait a few minutes and step over them on there way in.

Sad but true !!

hack02

Some friends of ours ordered some pizza, and when the delivery guy came their dog was barking and the lady told the delivery guy, "don't worry, he wouldn't harm a fly". The guy came back and robbed them. They found their dog locked in a closet. The cops caught the thief trying to sell some of their stuff at a pawn shop; thats how they know it was the pizza guy.
I hate F----ing thieves.