Livewell only filling half way

JMC1

Earlier this year my well was filling what appeared to be near the overflow drain set in AUTO and aerator on timed. I just turn the valve on Auto and set aerator on timed and it kicks on and off without many minutes of downtime. My last outing I dont think it filled maybe half way. It was a 100deg day and when I pulled out it wasnt even maybe 30% full. My rear flapper near the pad is not tucked in and is sitting flush it looks like. My fish were toast and water was extremely hot. Had to find a water on way home just to try and cool it off and fill it more. Any first steps to take to diagnose this?

Edit: One thing I just noticed is that my red recirc nozzle was pulled out for pump out mode. Although I never use this or the recirc pump and just pull the drain plug when I get home, is the recirc system tied to the areator system as well? Hope this was the issue

Last edited:

JMC1

In case someone else has this issue. The cartridge for the aerator must have have had moisture in it, but it was the original making it 10 years old. Heard a very loud pop on the water that was reminiscent of a battery letting go. Aerator quit working all together, but didnt know this until I started following the smell once I got home. Got home and barely got it pulled out in two pieces, rusted up very badly and looked to have been this way for years. It literally blew in two pieces sine the motor was sealed in the cartridge. Swapped to a new cartridge and its filling up high again and blowing bubbles well.