Lifting rig

Dave Hensley

Anybody got a pic of the lifting rig being used at a DSRA or ODBA event? I can't remember if it was all slings or had a spreader bar. Gotta get me a scale and need to build a rig.

bullwhipjkg

dsra is a d ring with 3 straps coming off of it ill ck my pics
this is the best i got think they also have a spreader bar setup for the pickleforks

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Thanks Roy. Always first question is what does the boat weigh. The factory weighs a few but not all. Bill will usually give a nominal weight if you ask. I went down and looked at the build sheet on the Bass Racer and it had no weight. Then the question becomes what is on the boat when it is weighed. My opinion to get apples to apples is bare hull weight. That is a pain so if you leave the steering, wiring harness, seats, fuel tank, plate, etc you can deduct out for the weight of those items if you are trying to compare. If you are trying to make race weight that ismuch easier. Unless your 500 pounds heavy.

patches

Most I would say grossly underestimate how much rigging weighs. I also kinda laugh at all the 450-475 lb boats we hear about

Last edited:

LEVI LEDET

we just had a set of straps made and it worked gerat on a allison drag the front long strap is 10ft and the back ones are 5ft

Dave Hensley

Levi did you make a basket for the bow with the front strap or are you choking it? I was thinking about it and figured a loop that would not cinch down would be best. Do you have crane scales? Looked at some digital on the Bay that would weigh 2 tons at .5 pound increments. That oughta work well. Planning to use the backhoe boom for my crane.

suicidealli

Most I would say grossly underestimate how much rigging weighs. I also kinda laugh at all the 450-475 lb boats we hear about
I agree!!!!!!!!! My boat was ordered as a 465 lb.. It weighed 480, and bill said there only a few that lite... I hear about 450, 465. Don't believe it.. The paper work on my boat just says lite, lite, lite..... You can't even lean on it.... Scary!!!!!!!

Roy

patches

we just had a set of straps made and it worked gerat on a allison drag the front long strap is 10ft and the back ones are 5ft
How is 10 ft and 5 ft gonna stretch out to hook up a 20 ft boat? Lol

Dave, the front is a loop. It's not a choker

patches

I agree!!!!!!!!! My boat was ordered as a 465 lb.. It weighed 480, and bill said there only a few that lite... I hear about 450, 465. Don't believe it.. The paper work on my boat just says lite, lite, lite..... You can't even lean on it.... Scary!!!!!!!

Roy
How much did it weigh in Jasper rigged and ready to go?

bullwhipjkg

Roy
must be nice found out mine was ordered 600 and came in 575
no outlaw or progas for mee just 1400ilb classes
and its serial number says drag

patches

must be nice found out mine was ordered 600 and came in 575
no outlaw or progas for mee just 1400ilb classes
and its serial number says drag
With a 12" and rigged right I promise it'll make 1250 Pro Gas weight. Lot more in rigging than most people think. I've learned alot about putting one on a diet :)

Dave Hensley

How is 10 ft and 5 ft gonna stretch out to hook up a 20 ft boat? Lol

Dave, the front is a loop. It's not a choker
I have the slings and a clevis. Need to stitch up the loop. My XR was put on such a diet the factory left the bow handle and the rear lifting eyes out!!

patches

Leaving the bow handle off is pretty common, wish mine didn't have one, but I've never seen one without the lifting eyes since they serve as the transom tiedowns also.

If I had to guess the bow loop is probably 12" in diameter

patches

Yeah. If you can find a 12-14 ft 3" strap with loops on both ends you should be good. I'm just guessing at the length by looking at the picture on the first page