Larry Owens, GPI, other dealers???

RedAllison

Any word yet on what the retail of the 225XS Sport is gonna be? What is the limiter on these motors? Reckon they would have enough power to merit a 1:62 Sportmaster on a loaded 21 BasSport? I'm just wonderin how this motor would do on a BasSport and if it would carry a honest 2 man tournament load too 85GPS in the summertime at less than 500ft elevation?

Thanks men,
RA

XB21er

RA-

I would think 85 loaded would be close - my 21 Prosport/250xs will run 88-89 honest two man tournament load. The 1.62s will probably be needed with a recommended rpm 5500-6000- rev limit is probably not much higher. Why not a 250XS, since they're both 87 octane now, and the 250 will rev a little higher?

Craig

GPI Racing

Red,

The engine is basically the same engine as the 225 pro XS with solid mounts and a sportmaster. I'm at home right now so I don't have the pricing but based on the proXS I think it will be in the low 14's. I depends on your buy power ( volume etc) as far as what they sell it to you for.

Randy

RedAllison

I'm more than likely sold on the 250XS but for some reason if the 225XS Sport could be bought for $2k+ less than the 250 I "might" do it. The 250 might be approved for 87 but I seriously doubt it would be a good idea for it all the time. The hardmounts and Sportmaster are what would be needed for our boats, that's why I was interested in the sport XS but realistically there probably aint enough savings between the two to justify "settling".

Thanks men,
RA

jimmyb

the 2006+ 250XS was completely recalibrated for the 87 octane, so there should be zero problems running it...

the 250XS is STILL the motor to get!

RedAllison

Jimmy does that mean that the pre-06 250s are more powerful? :) I just can't imagine them making exactly the same power with junk gas as they would with 93, even if the difference was only 5-7hp or so.

I don't really have a desire to run anything less than 93octane in ANY motor I get, mainly because I fear injector clogging and carbon buildup that crap gas will introduce too my motor. Never had a single problem with storing super unleaded either. If it evaporates it does so clearly instead of leaving a film or residue. I also fear mid-grade gas simply because less of it is sold than either the other two, seems to me that most people burn either regular or super unleaded instead of the mid-grade. I believe you would run more risk of old or contaminated fuel with mid grade vs the other two?

I probably should be more concerned with talking Nancy into "telling" Darris that he REALLY needs to build me an all red XB21! :wink:
RA

JR

93 octane

I agree wholeheartedly RA. I never use any thing but Amoco [BP] 93 in my Boat ,Honda turbo Ski, generator or dirtbikes and I never have any octane or residue problems.
JR