Lake Wheeler?

reward69

Ive never been on this lake and have a national event there in July. My daughter and I fish the Legacy Series Fishers of Men trail and have qualified for the nationals. Due to work I wont get a chance to get out there till the week of the tournament.
Any one here local that could lend some assistance?

eddie8597

I'm on wheeler every weekend .Had a top ten in the everstart last week. I will be glad to help you out. Ill message you my number.

SmallJaw

I'm sure Eddie can do you more good than me but I have fished Wheeler all my life and will be glad to throw any help your way that I can.:smile

SmallJaw

Eddie you fishing any of the 3 tourney's on Wheeler tomorrow? I'm not. Gotta be at a nephew's wedding. Just wondering if you going. I have a buddy who is co-sponsoring the one out of Ingles in the morning. I'd like to make a run at the big smallmouth prize if nothing else. $500 ain't bad. Same prize for the LM.

eddie8597

Yeah I fished the one out of ingalls. They had 100 boats. Finished 9th with 19 9. Took 21 8 to win.

SmallJaw

Yeah I fished the one out of ingalls. They had 100 boats. Finished 9th with 19 9. Took 21 8 to win.
Good finish since 15th paid $150? Right. You were only 1 bite away from winning it all. Congrats on a nice stringer. Wheeler can be tough on any given day. When I fished it every day I was able to stay on fish pretty good. Now, I'd have to take a few days and really dial it in to be competitive.:wink