lake cherokee

ALLISONMAN

hey joe, randy, wormie and whoever i heard the lake level was full on cherokee and i was wanting to come over the 4th of july weekend after the race and hang out with you guys since i didnt get over last week!!! let me know how it is and if there is anything like fireworks or anything else going on that weekend!! thanks bryan and hope to see you guys

ImbadBob

Cherokee is at 1064.5 ele. Top of the floodgates is 1075. There is still a bit of floating prop wreckers. But not bad. At this elevation there is a good lake with some shoreline to enjoy as well. Surface tempature on the lower end of the lake was like 87 Sunday. The generation schedual is to attempt holding this level. We might loose .1 this week with no rain.
From inside Cherokee dam, Later Bob

ImbadBob

It is a bit warmer than "normal" ,we have had some 10 degree above normal days. The water temp is IMHO just about perfect to float on a noodle with the beverage of your choice.

etnprop

next weekend looks like this... Fireworks on the fourth at Black Oak Marina (across from the dam) live music in the afternoon, should be some food somewhere, fireworks at dark and a party on the docks to follow. Saturday at Cedar Hill we're going to hang out and boat all day, bracket play for cornhole championship starts at 4P (anybody can enter), BBQ/covered dish about 530P and band at 730 till they call the police which is usually about 1130. Let me know if any of you want to come by and I'll make sure we meet up. Hate I missed everybody last week.

FlatOutAlly

Hell Cliff, we dont get that temp out of a beer can if its sittin in the sun all day, eh? 75 degree lake water is what we call hottubbin. lol
Ain't that the truth, John. Water up north earlier this week was still in the high 60's, even with high 80's air temp. Up side is it probably helps keep the bacteria to a minimum. :beer:

etnprop

every time I go to the lake with you guys up north you drink enough beer to kill any bacteria that might be growin in this warm water...