Lake Calcasieu and My Son's First Trip with the Men

Texan

We left last Monday for Lake Calcasieu for an annual two day meat haul with my high school and college buddies. It was the first time my son was able to go. In past years it was because of Scout or church camp, but this year it fell in place and the deal was done.

It started off a little slow with him not really wanting to grab the bait shrimp out of the bucket, but he got over that pretty quickly after catching his first "big" fish - a big ole drum that we ate last night for dinner.

That's the two best friends I could have; my son in the middle and my buddy Dale on the right, and I'm damn proud he was there to be a part of it.

This is the first days catch of a two day trip....

This is boy after catching the big drum looking like he did after he shot his first clay pigeon at the skeet and trap range saying, "Dad, I LIKE this ALOT!!!"

More to come from day two.....

Alli-drenaline Rush

Now that's what it's all about! He'll remember that trip for the rest of his life! Looks like you done good, Texan! Keep it up! Now you just need to get him on Fork next March chasin' ol' Larry Largemouth (after dove season this fall LOL)!