JUST ORDERED AN ACU FROM BRUCATO

ziemer

JR said:
For some reason, the slip factor on the large Grandsport hull is higher than most Allisons except the '03 fissin' boat. I think Jeff Zs engine would probably push a ss2000 5-6 MPH faster than his Grandsport.
Different props make a difference also. The Hoss style props seem to run with more for some reason. For example, my 28 Hyperdrive was 101.7 mph at around 8100-8150 which puts the slip at just under 12%. Now my 22 Yamaha drag, in a 1/4 will turn in the neighborhood of 9400 with a speed of around 96 mph. That equates to somewhere between 8 & 9 %. My old chopper I had, which had a bunch of cup would normally run around 7-8%. So again, it all depends on the prop and the work that's been done to it.

JR's numbers equate to somewhere between 12-13% which isn't bad considering all the stuff he has in the boat and a dinged up prop. :grin: :grin:

whipper

Thanks Z & JR. I always wondered about that. You have to know your accual speed first I guess to find the slip factor. If ya went higher though and wanted a guess then it sounds like if ya use 12 your in the ballpark. If ya could figure what you may turn in rpm. I was just trying to figure out what pich prop to buy based on getting a acu like yours JR. You said it may pull a 32. It would be interesting to see how the hole shot is with that. Im kinda leaning to a Mazco RE 30, and I think the Chopper2 as well. Its -10 here now so unless it warms up soon Ill have to wait till ice off in april so I have all winter to ponder. Have ya ever tried the Mazco RE,s on a Grand Sport for a high speed prop? I have two great load props but if ill be spinning 7200 rpm in spring I am rethinking things. :mrgreen:

JR

I paid almost a thousand for a Mazco RE3 30" when I bought my rig and I hated it. The Mazco along with too little setback gave me two back-to-back blowouts at 80+ that resulted in traveling backwards to a stop [from 80]. That is how I learned how to do intentional Bat-Turns, by doing them inadvertantly.
I sold the Mazco plus two other props [I had bought/didn't like] back to Wayne [my Allison Dealer] for $200. The best choice I ever made was the Chopper IIs. Jim Barnes [with Allison] told me the Chopper II was the best/fastest prop for my hull so thats what got me started using them.
10 below, that is colder than my freezer.... Florida is Calling you...80 degrees today with a low last night of..... 68, mid 80s Sunday.
JR

whipper

Jr

30 chopper11 it is then. Ya my Allison takes up my spot in the heated garage so Ill be scrapen the frost off the windows all winter :cry: Thats ok when its 40 bellow I dont give a f--- I got a heater in my truck and im off to the well you know the rest. :mrgreen: the lakes havent frozzzz over yet so theres still hope for one more run. Lots of people use there decks as a freezer when the highs are 20 bellow. James

RobShaw

Dang...

I had my check book out when I contacted Tony but he said these ACU's were not compatible with the 225X's yet...BUT he did say...YET! :)

Texan

Okay, I've read through all the previous posts...and call me stupid or call me brain dead, but tell me why I shouldn't call Tony B. and get him to work me one up for my 260 with less than 200 hours? From what I read here, I should be on the phone tomorrow!

J

John Richied

Tony and Linda Brucato are good people to deal with... they have the Pinkie seal of approval for sure! :p :p :p