JC/Titus

tomoad

I have bought a good 200 case to nosecone, that I plan on putting my SM gears/prop shaft in. I have a XB-2002 by the way. With the case done by either one of them perform any different? I already have a modified SM. And another stock SM case. And the torque steer is to much to my liking. I was told a worked 200 case would run faster and handle better. But up in the air of which one of the two to send it too. I think both JC/Titus do great work and really doesn't matter which one I send it too,I believe it will handle & drive better. Just wondering if anyone had a case from both and the differences between the two if any. Do they both set the nosecone 3/8" below the prop shaft? Same mods?

Scott in MN

JC's put their nosecone on even with the propshaft. At least they did for my XB02 and a buddies ally drag. I have not done any side by side with the Titus but I have no complaint with the JC case......

h2oskiier30

Either one will set the nosecone below the propshaft if requested.

I have a Titus coned and modded sportmaster, and my brother has a JC'c coned and modded CLE. Both are excellent gearcases and both handle extremely well...much better than the factory cones on either case.

hcspeed

I too am in need of a gear case upgrade , dose any one have contact info for jc's

jas638

Banned
well heres the story of my experience with titus.i sent it to him, over bobs because of the welding. communication not so great. sent him an empty case. wanted the speed cote 2-tone scheme. he told me he was out of that primer? got it back ,very dirty on the inside ,due to the fact it still had a little lube in it. i thought they would wash it out before welding it? the body work ,i could see scuff marks in it.and the paint looked like someone sprayed it with a spray can. they sprayed laquer over the factory enamel.it does however run fast and handle extremely well!!! it is hard to say whether or not i would repeat or if i would try jc ?

white03

I had one done by JC and had no complaints. JC is a bit slow sometimes, guess it depends on how much he has at the time in his shop. Quality and workmanship is well worth the wait though. My 2 cents and experience

Bill

hcspeed

thanks h2o ,just got off the phone with them , I had a jcs case on my quarter master and loved it

suicidealli

i had a titus case ran really well, but it cracked this summer. it was worked past what it should have been. i striped the primer off to make it slicker, and the oil was coming through the aluminum. i took it to my lower unit guy, and he mic'd it said he never seen one so thin. somebody filed the heck out of it.. may have been done after jc had it. it was the fastest 200 case i have ran though.......

allison8503

i had a titus case ran really well, but it cracked this summer. it was worked past what it should have been. i striped the primer off to make it slicker, and the oil was coming through the aluminum. i took it to my lower unit guy, and he mic'd it said he never seen one so thin. somebody filed the heck out of it.. may have been done after jc had it. it was the fastest 200 case i have ran though.......
Been there and done that! But they are faster that away. There both good when you get them but get a grinder with a tiger disk, a flat long body fine a bunch of sand paper and a couple of hundred hours and they can all be made faster! But that being said you can really mess one up also.

aaronmt

I sent mine to Jc.The work was second to none,comunication was great and he has wealth of knowledgee on Allison's.It was back to me faster then I thought as well.If I eve need another one done he's top of my list.

jas638

Banned
i ran my boat last week and when i took it out i had a crack in the paint and body work.its been sittin a week or so no oil drippin. i guess i should strip all the filler off to inspect it huh? :mad::cuss

jdb35

JC did a great job on mine. He taught the others how to do it. He knows his business. Would definitely send another one to him without hesitation.

white03

My JC modified torque master was faster than my current sport master is. And great handling. I wouldn't hesitiate to go back to JC if I need a modified TM.

Brack

JC has done several 200 cases for me,.....never an issue with any of them,

i can't comment on the others....

Last edited:

DragAlly02

Dont rule tooter out fellow's this man is good as they come very fair on the pricing workmanship is excellent :wink1-256-614-2122 #cell number

Casey G

well heres the story of my experience with titus.i sent it to him, over bobs because of the welding. communication not so great. sent him an empty case. wanted the speed cote 2-tone scheme. he told me he was out of that primer? got it back ,very dirty on the inside ,due to the fact it still had a little lube in it. i thought they would wash it out before welding it? the body work ,i could see scuff marks in it.and the paint looked like someone sprayed it with a spray can. they sprayed laquer over the factory enamel.it does however run fast and handle extremely well!!! it is hard to say whether or not i would repeat or if i would try jc ?
with the exception of the two tone paint that