Jasper Thrash 2008

GFinch

Just want to say to those that didn't go to Jasper, you really missed out. I got home yesterday around 5 pm, tired and sore from driving since Monday AM.
Thanks to Lou and the other Allison board member who greeted me at the launch ramp, sorry I was so busy and can't remember your name, but thanks for saying Hi!
When we got there Wed. and launched the boat the cavation plate broke off, was only held on by the fiberglass ride plate. This also damaged the good prop. Got it welded back on then made stiffener plates as insurance. Burned up the NO2 wiring and the big NOS valve, relay stuck on. The HP NOS shot only worked once in Unlimited and not in a race. Injectors changed Friday AM. Reed change in the AM before Pro Gas. Then the oil situation just before Pro Gas. These were just the bigger obstacles before the races. We were at the race site every day before day break except Sunday which was before sun rise.

All in all it was a lot of work/stress but it was worth it. 1st Pro Gas, Pro Fuel and third in Unlimited.

Hope to go again next year!

Attachments

J

John Richied

Dang Gary, another reason you love your OMC!

Now that was a looooooong haul!

You

Yellowallison

Finch.....

I been watchin DAVE KICK AZZ at Jasper/other races since like 1999/2000......Dave fo sure brings the kitchen sink ......I've seen him show up with like Ferrari Carbs, Crazy lookin Jets Ski Carbs, Twin Merc 260 Air Horns stuck out the Cowl, Straight injection into the crankcase just to name a few over the years....

For sure a runs good,fun to listen too and puts on a one heck of a show:very happy

Congrads to Dave on his Wins:big grin

BigRedAlli

Even though I'm a Merc. fan... That BIG omc has got to be one of the baddest 2-strokes on the planet!!! I thought he was down on power in the unlimited race, but he found it Sunday for sure...:gasp

congratulations!!!

GFinch

Finch.....

I been watchin DAVE KICK AZZ at Jasper/other races since like 1999/2000......Dave fo sure brings the kitchen sink ......I've seen him show up with like Ferrari Carbs, Crazy lookin Jets Ski Carbs, Twin Merc 260 Air Horns stuck out the Cowl, Straight injection into the crankcase just to name a few over the years....

For sure a runs good,fun to listen too and puts on a one heck of a show:very happy

Congrads to Dave on his Wins:big grin
That list is only a sample of what he's tried. We went to his storage unit on Wednesday when we got back, looking for pistons. Saw alot of what you listed.
I'll just say what we talked through on the way back from Jasper will make all that pale. All his success is from attention to all the small details adding up to the work in progress. He really had a hard time this year getting ready, the engine he was going to bring had the dyno shaft sheared off inside the crank shaft. Had to go with a engine he didn't get to dial in and had to guess the tune up.

Luketrician

Even though I'm a Merc. fan... That BIG omc has got to be one of the baddest 2-strokes on the planet!!! I thought he was down on power in the unlimited race, but he found it Sunday for sure...:gasp

congratulations!!!
here here!:at the bar

GFinch

congratulations!!!
After Pro Gas, Dave's engine was down 40psi on #6. He added fuel to that cylinder and dropped the pill size also. There was only one small stage able to work in Unlimited, 65hp. The wiring and large NO2 valve burned up. The only time the NO2 worked was on the half pass against James Terhorst. Dave got a green light as the other boat popped the canopy and turned out. When he changed the map for Unlimited he added fuel, retarded timing, slow burning fuel and no NO2 made for a poor showing.
Pro Fuel we pulled every thing out of the boat we could. He remapped it and we put in some awfull smelling oxygenated race fuel. The vid is when we ran that nasty stuff out of the system after the races.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/gfinch/?action=view&current=Jasper2008065.flv

Rusrog

man that thing revs RIGHT NOW............benji

You said it Benji. It's as impressive an outboard as there is out there.
And the things that have been tried on that rig would fill a good sized book.

Good to meet you out there Gary! I had no clue who you were on Sunday morning but glad that you introduced yourself!

Russ