Jasper Report

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Who won at Jasper? Somebody who was there give us the lowdown!!?

Rocket

Bruce Tripp won the carb class from the losers bracket when the other three competitors including David Hardin who drilled him on the first round pass broke.
Darren Baxter won the Super Stock class when Glen Reynolds ran out of gas on the money run.

Pro gas was won by David Pou.

Unlimited was Dewitt Deweese over Mike Dixson.

Modified production was Glen Reynolds.

Jimmy Hensley won Lake Racer.

Kevin Munford won over David Pou in Pro fuel.

hack02

Mumfords boat was bad to the bone. It would leave violently every time.
Glen was the class of the field in Mod Pro. Never lost a pass. After he went through eliminations he went away from the other boats and just floated around by himself while everyone else fought their way through the losers bracket. Then one more pass and he was finished. It seemed his boat would just go forward and rize up out of the water instead of the front end bouncing up and over like alot of the other boats. The whole class was really close at the finish though.
Mumfords boat would roll hard to the left while the front was coming up then the hull would slap down like a ruler in your hand when you hold one end and pick up on the other end and let go and let it pop; thats the way his XR was. It would rize up and then slap the water and never bounce again. HP keeping it glued down.
Tray Archer had his SS turn around on him after the finish line in one race. It was kinda scary because the bank of an island was really close at that point and it was really close. I didn't have a good angle, all I saw was a big wall of water then his hull leaned hard over while he was gassing it to stay away from the bank. I saw limbs from a tree hanging over the bank moving so it had to have been close. He hung on to it and came back for more rounds. He went pretty deep into the Lake Racer rounds. Lake Racer was an all STV final. The closest V was Jason Smouse, the DSRA points champion, going fourth I believe, in his Triad V21.

Rocket

Hack02, Thanks! That's a good report!!!

You should write for a Boat mag!! :D