It's getting there.

Jay Martin

Still working on my XB03 setup.

Today (2-07-10) I test ran A Turbo TXP o/t4 28p, I ran this prop last weekend while it was still in stock form.Stock it ran 85.41 mph/gps at 5900-6000 rpm. Since last weekend all I have done is sharpen the leading edges and re-balanced, Oh! and removed a small amount of cup in the tips.

Next weekend I'll be testing the Hydromotive o/t 4 blade 27 and 28 pitch.

Today she ran 88.02 mph/gps @6100 rpm.
Here are some picks of todays run.

Attachments

RedAllison

Jay what kinda load didja have inda boat for that test?

THAT is where the Hmotive O/T really shines on the 03, you can pour the weight in them and they still climb up on top, carry the mail and still drive like a Cadillac. And because of the way they carry the boat they also increase roughwater running and smoothness abilities. You'll think you bolted on another 1-2ft of boat when you put that O/T on! :gone fishing

We've tested lots of em but for one prop, 99% of the time, under all conditions... the O/T just couldn't be beat.

:beer:
RA

Jay Martin

Jay what kinda load didja have inda boat for that test?

THAT is where the Hmotive O/T really shines on the 03, you can pour the weight in them and they still climb up on top, carry the mail and still drive like a Cadillac. And because of the way they carry the boat they also increase roughwater running and smoothness abilities. You'll think you bolted on another 1-2ft of boat when you put that O/T on! :gone fishing

We've tested lots of em but for one prop, 99% of the time, under all conditions... the O/T just couldn't be beat.

:beer:
RA

Just me and a full tank of gas, up front there is about 150lb's of tackle.

F2008

I love the way my boat drives with my 28p QIV O/T. .... as best I can remember that is. :rolleyes:

Looks good Jay, .... cold, but good.

ROBERT CROSS

I love the way my boat drives with my 28p QIV O/T. .... as best I can remember that is. :rolleyes:

Looks good Jay, .... cold, but good.
The GSE is outta sight in storage, but the QIV sits on the mantle, the lake is still froze and so am I.
:rolling eyes Suoperboul is over Spring can't be far behind.

Jay Martin

Only tested the Hydro's today...

Water was slick as glass today while testing the Hydromotive Quad IV o/t 27 and 28 pitch propellers.

I ran the 27p first and here are the results.

Hydromotive Quad IV o/t 27, 87.49 mph/gps @ 6500 rpm's, could have turned more rpm's but I was already over my limit.

Hydromotive Quad IV o/t 28, 89.97 mph/gps @ 6400 rpm's, she was maxed out as far as the engine height. I still have about an inch left to raise her up but ran out of lift because of height also.

Next I will play with some more set back. I will be adding my Bobs machine shop two inch spacers for a total of 12.5 inchs.

Last edited:

F2008

What's the ratio on that lower? I'm kind of surprised your not going faster with the specs on your motor. Still pretty darn respectable though.

Todd's selling a 30 t4x :big grin

Jay Martin

What's the ratio on that lower? I'm kind of surprised your not going faster with the specs on your motor. Still pretty darn respectable though.

Todd's selling a 30 t4x :big grin
Gears are 1.86. Oh!! I'm not done yet....:very happy:very happy..

Todd told me the yamaha's do better with the o/t props.
I have ran several over hub style props and none of them can compare to the o/t on the yamaha.

Jay Martin

Ran this morning with the 2 inch spacers added and I lost 2 mph's and about 200 rpm's.
I made 2 passes and recorded the same speed twice (88.09), I said something aint right so I got to checking things out and discovered that my jackplate was maxed out, it would not go any higher. The 2 inchs added made a major difference on how the water was being delievered to the prop, most I could turn it was 6200 rpm's. So without being able to make the jackplate go any higher there is nothing else I can do except remove the spacers and be happy with what I have, and thats what I did, now I'm back to 10.5 inchs.
My plate only has 5 inchs of lift and motor is at the top of the bolt holes.
Only choice I have is to get a Bobs machine shop jp, they have 7 inchs of lift. Thats not gonna happen. My plate works just fine for now...

I'm sure on a good day with a good chop she will do 90 +...