Is this correct???

fasterbass

Other than us showing off like kids I hardly see any advertising for allison. Maybe one of you guys that know darris could get him to do some marketing. or if all of us allison owners bought 10 brochures a piece and handed them out with suggestions to call their closest dealer it might help.I am buying an allison next week and I have 2 and I dont want them to fold. lets band together some and spread the word.I volunteer my part . Lee

h2oskiier30

Allison will never sell a bunch of bass boats as long as they don't pay contingency awards. Hard core tournament fishermen are going with the brands that pay them money for wins.

Scott Gilmore

Other than us showing off like kids I hardly see any advertising for allison. Maybe one of you guys that know darris could get him to do some marketing. or if all of us allison owners bought 10 brochures a piece and handed them out with suggestions to call their closest dealer it might help.I am buying an allison next week and I have 2 and I dont want them to fold. lets band together some and spread the word.I volunteer my part . Lee
Why would I care how many boats Allison sells when they Don't ? Marketing ? The only thing I've seen even CLOSE to marketing from the Allison Boat Company is once year@ Jasper with a few boats, the Allison Rally and an old outdated antique web site. I'm not sure if Allison EVER cared how many boats they sold, I always thought that was great for me because I could own something rare & unique. I think their heyday was from the mid 80's to the early 2000's and as we all know those where still very low production numbers. Cost ? I'm not really sure that's a factor either, premium boats bring a high price. Hell, 2 weeks ago in Florida my neighbor dropped 70k + on a Pontoon !! I still can't help to wonder what Allison could have been with the proper Marketing, I think they could sold a TON of boats !! Again.....I'm not sure they were ever really motivated about the Idea of big sales. LONG LIVE ALLISON, I LOVE EM !!! Will I ever buy another new one? Probably NOT. Everyone have FUN out there, I know I will..............Scott :big grin:big grin

Last edited:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
The only thing that mattered was R&D. Sales, what's that?--a support arm of R&D.

SmallJaw

I don't know Darrius, but I believe I understand why he has the company where he has it. I know this because my brother is an artist, and a darn good one at that. He, my brother, could be filthy rich if he wanted to mass produce or duplicate his works of art. He has sold his stuff all over the world. Last time I heard he had shipped to 17 different countries. I once thought I'd really do my brother a favor and hook him up so he could make a ton of money. I had a deal signed sealed and delivered to him to sell one large art outlet; everything he could turn out, and at a premium price. My brothers work is that good. You want to know what my full time plumber brother who is a better artist than plumber told me? He said, "No way. I'm not going to have anybody tell me what to do. I'll do what I want to do when I want to do it". Guys, that is just how those kinds of people are. Don't waste too much time trying to think for an artist it will drive a normal person nuts. From what I have "heard" about Darrius over the years, he sees his boats as art and could care less what you are I think of his marketing schemes or sales, or for that matter, anything else.:wink

Dave Hensley

I don't know Darrius, but I believe I understand why he has the company where he has it. I know this because my brother is an artist, and a darn good one at that. He, my brother, could be filthy rich if he wanted to mass produce or duplicate his works of art. He has sold his stuff all over the world. Last time I heard he had shipped to 17 different countries. I once thought I'd really do my brother a favor and hook him up so he could make a ton of money. I had a deal signed sealed and delivered to him to sell one large art outlet; everything he could turn out, and at a premium price. My brothers work is that good. You want to know what my full time plumber brother who is a better artist than plumber told me? He said, "No way. I'm not going to have anybody tell me what to do. I'll do what I want to do when I want to do it". Guys, that is just how those kinds of people are. Don't waste too much time trying to think for an artist it will drive a normal person nuts. From what I have "heard" about Darrius over the years, he sees his boats as art and could care less what you are I think of his marketing schemes or sales, or for that matter, anything else.:wink
Nailed it. Very independent. Darris just got the boat gene. Paul is a true renaissance man. His paintings are fantastic. His genius in architectural design is amazing. And he took a pig farm and made a catfish farm/restaurant out of it and it is still successful.