is this a real allison?

durandbagwell86

I saw this boat for sale and it says its an 1986 Allison center console bass boat, I'm not sure if they made one. I have 3 xst bass boats and have seen SST and xt which is a rare center console but is nothing like this 16ft boat. Could it be a Allison race boat converted maybe? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know what it is before I buy it.

90 5.0

Very interesting, it looks very "bulletish"

Looks like someone made a boat from a bullet 17v and some left over Allison parts almost.

Looks like it would make a fun little bayou boat

GotMyAlly

I'd ask for a serial number and call the factory for verification. But my gut feeling is....it ain't an Ally.

andre

Owner got it out of Tenn. said hull id is off another boat because original came off or was not on it. Said he talked with some one at Allison and was told it looked like a 16r someone had converted to a bass boat.Also said he traded another boat with a motor for just hull and trailer.After he saw it had to have it .

mtolley

that is not an allison! i have a 16 ally in my shop now and it looks nothing like that. as has been already stated, the sides are flat, the rear is flat, the bow has no flair. i also have a 15 laser in my shop and this boat looks closer to it. my guess is an old laser or an old bullet or a copy thereof

andre

Guy said something about previous owner had to sink hull that ID plate was on in front of Tenn. DNR . All sounds funny to me too , just glad i did not drive 60 miles to look at it.

andre

Got photos of pad on my phone , just got figure out how to gettem on here.