Insurance Questions????

Kerry Cordy

Gentlemen, I'm repowering my 1997 2003 from a 225 to a 280ss. I don't want to call my agent for fear of them dropping my current coverage. But I have to disclose I have got rid of the 1996 225 and replaced it with a 2005 280ss. Can you guys please refer me a name of an agent and company who CAN WRITE me a new policy. I can't run the boat until I have the right coverage. Thanks, Allen

nort

My broker has all my boat stuff covered through "Nauta Max" which is a division of "Aviva".
We're north of the border but I believe Aviva functions in both the U.S. and Canada.

h2oskiier30

The agent makes all the difference in the world. I have mine through State Farm, and my agent pushed it through underwriting.

Jr in Jax

Mine is with State Farm too. I think they have discovered that anyone with an Allison must be a serious boater and a better risk than the "Bayliner Buyers" who are boating for their first time.
I also think [and hope] there is less chance of Allison owners DUI than other brands.
Whatever the reason, I still get an increase in premium every year after never filing a claim in my life.....

ROBERT CROSS

I have had good luck here....

The agent in my area was well versed in performance boating...
Call in your area see if the same applies.

No rate hikes since we got the policy three years ago.
Agreed value and liability.

Texan

Agree, mine did the same thing.
Mine too. I'm with Allstate and never had a problem. I've also got home, auto and a couple of riders to cover my trailers when I pull them behind the company ride. I guess I've had coverage with the same agent for more than twenty years.

ROBERT CROSS

I'll bet it's a "regional" thing. We have a lot of water around here and I thought it would be easy to combine our HO,RV and boat insurance....not. Tried allstate and most of the rest, no one was willing to accept the Allison, not on there list of manufacturers. One agent even went to the Alli website, called back and said no way on such a FAST boat.:very sad

One thing I wonder about is the "agreed value" rider...has anyone made a claim on one?, good results?

Last edited:

Bobalouie

Instead of agreed value, do a stated value. Thats the way I have mine insured. Stated value doesnt ever change. You might pay a little more, but its not much and if my boat is a total loss, they cut me a check for the stated value, no matter if it is this year or 20 yrs from now.

Now that I think about it, maybe that is the same as agreed value, it would depend on the language in the policy.

ROBERT CROSS

Instead of agreed value, do a stated value. Thats the way I have mine insured. Stated value doesnt ever change. You might pay a little more, but its not much and if my boat is a total loss, they cut me a check for the stated value, no matter if it is this year or 20 yrs from now.

Now that I think about it, maybe that is the same as agreed value, it would depend on the language in the policy.
Bob,

Well I can only speak for Ace, but thats the question I asked. We agreed on a price and thats what will be paid....now or down the road.

:gasp It was more expensive but so was the Allison and both are worth it.

DragAlly02

+1

Jr in Jax

I was not concerned about the boat/motor, I just did not want to be living in a cardboard box under an overpass if there was ever an accident where someone got hurt.

AMERICAN

You have to be up front with your agent or broker as to what you are insuring.... god for bid your in a bad accident or any type of accident and they find out what you told them is not true (HP wise) they will NOT cover the accident ..it goes hand in hand ...have the right coverage and make sure you pay what you owe in taxes...and you will sleep well at night..just my 2 cents...:at the bar