INSURANCE HELP!!

ROBERT CROSS

Ace just raised our premium big time....no one wants to insure "performance" around here, especially with an old fart pilot....o_O

Suggestions please...

Bob

22R

I just got a quote from Markel for my 1991 XB2002 w/92 XR6 agreed total loss value of 14K and 300K liability for 426/year. Stated speed of 85MPH.
I have been with Progressive for 16 years and never filed a claim and last year I paid 303.00 but from what I read they won't pay a claim anyway so I think I am gonna switch over to Markel in June.
Any other input appreciated.

22R

ROBERT CROSS

I 'stated' my speed @ 85mph...Ace came back with 100mph & nothing I said made any difference.
I've got quite a few constraints also...I have to let them know ahead if I tow more than 100mi, leave NYS, DW & I are the only ones authorized to operate.

Bob

GotMyAlly

I use Nationwide and have been pleased with them. Never filed a boat claim with them though, but they've been great on other property claims.

I've heard the same rumors about Progressive, but I know a couple of people who have filed claims and had no problems getting paid quickly and fairly. They sure make it easy to shop online. FYI....I moved my ATVs to Progressive last yr. Cut my bill to 1/3 of what it was before.

State Farm would not insure my boat for anything. Told them they'd lose my truck & jeep policies, my wifes car, my home, and umbrella if they didn't cover the boat too. No deal. They were willing to forego 5 more policies over that one.

xr6

State Farm (Canada) insures me for around $400. I don't think they asked about speed.....the only exclusion I noted in the policy is that it can't be in a racing event. I have our home and cottage with them too.

Freebird

I use Nationwide and have been pleased with them. Never filed a boat claim with them though, but they've been great on other property claims.

I've heard the same rumors about Progressive, but I know a couple of people who have filed claims and had no problems getting paid quickly and fairly. They sure make it easy to shop online. FYI....I moved my ATVs to Progressive last yr. Cut my bill to 1/3 of what it was before.

State Farm would not insure my boat for anything. Told them they'd lose my truck & jeep policies, my wifes car, my home, and umbrella if they didn't cover the boat too. No deal. They were willing to forego 5 more policies over that one.
What reason did they give for not insuring your boat? Just curious. I have mine insured with State Farm as well.

ROBERT CROSS

I 'stated' my speed @ 85mph...Ace came back with 100mph & nothing I said made any difference.
I've got quite a few constraints also...I have to let them know ahead if I tow more than 100mi, leave NYS, DW & I are the only ones authorized to operate.

Bob
Still no luck.....I'm wondering now if I may have a "Senior Citizen" problem...any one else run into this.

Bob

Freebird

I think I see your problem. Get rid of the "#QUICK" on the back of your motor, and put it on the back of your Members Only jacket. :D

GotMyAlly

What reason did they give for not insuring your boat? Just curious. I have mine insured with State Farm as well.
They asked how fast the boat would go. Told them I didn't know....just like my car, I drive it within the limits of the law and as the current conditions allow. They pushed for a #, so I told them the last one I owned that was like it would run about 90-95 depending on load and weather. The agent told me he'd have to call underwriting and talk to them about it. When he called me back, he said underwriting said no and he didn't have any leverage to appeal it. They supposedly won't insure anything that goes over 90MPH. That's their official limit, according to the agent I was dealing with.

ROBERT CROSS

Piseco Sking 1975 3.jpeg How IMPORTANT is your Agent......in our case VERY.

The Agent that originally secured our Ace policy tried Foremost as a last resort for renewal ....I received a letter saying they declined, stating that the GS was too much of a risk and the operator lacked the needed experience, nine years with the GS & 45 on the water......not enough. :(
I still feel, but hard to prove, that my 73yrs may have been the primary reason. :mad::mad::mad:

The Agent that insures all our other vehicles went to Foremost first and got a policy with no restrictions, (except inland water only), agreed value and a hundred grand more liability.

Last edited: