Installed recessed TM tray

reward69

Well though it was tough to drill the first hole Im done installing a Troll Well recessed tray. My XB 21 is white and so is the tray, looks about as factory as you can get with an aftermarket IMO. Ill get a picture posted later.

For those who are thinking about it, you might want to get a valium before cutting through the deck to make it a little easier :big grin

Last edited:

00XB2003

I want to do this to my xb2003 but I worried about how it would effect the strength of the front deck.

reward69

That was my reservation also. Called Bill at Allison and talked to him and he said it was no problem. Suprisingly after I cut the hole I stood right next to the hole and couldnt get the deck to flex. I was amazed that it didnt flex any, supposedly by installing the tray it actually becomes part of the structure integrity itself. I dont know if the 2003 has as strong a deck but if it does you have nothing to worry about.

Westy

That looks great! Do you know if that will fit a M/K Terrova pedal and if so does it come in black? What is the Troll Well made of?

reward69

That looks great! Do you know if that will fit a M/K Terrova pedal and if so does it come in black? What is the Troll Well made of?
These are fiberglass and it comes in any color you specify. The stock colors are white grey and I think black. They also have flake and custom colors. Seems to be very well made. Go to http://www.trollwell.com/ I ordered mine from http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/. They fit both MK and MG I think?

00XB2003

Is the foot pedal still within reach when your leaned up against the pedestal fishing seat?

reward69

Is the foot pedal still within reach when your leaned up against the pedestal fishing seat?
It is for my 6'4" a$$. Its only about 12"s to the rear of the tray. Personally I very seldom use the seat but that was taken into consideration before mounting. A friend mounted on a couple of years ago and got it too far rearward and it was more in the way that usefull with the seat in place. He was pissed at himself for not taking that into account. Believe me I spent probably two hours or more measuring and making sure thats what and where I wanted it.

Last edited:

suicidealli

I would love one on my 02. I think I would have to support the deck from underneath. Mine is light... It creeks now when I walk on it. I'm going to call bill I guess.

Looks great thanks for the pics.

Roy

tomoad

Roy, get back with us on what Bill says about putting one on a 02. i been thinking of doing it but wasn't sure about the support