installation of side-slide successful

robert

After the install, I found that I do not have to move the helm to starboard. With the seats close together, I am almost at center (maybe 2 inches or a little more off center. Without the shotgun seat I can move the slide side almost to dead center.

Thanks Scott Vickery for your advice on not moving the helm. You are one of the Allison Gurus I pay attention to. Prior to that I was wondering how I would be able to catch all the hydraulic fluid without ruining my carpet below when moving the helm. Now I don't have to worry about that.

Just a comment: I was surprised that Alllison did not design the slide side so that the existing holes would line up with the side slide. Anybody know why? Thanks. Robert

scott mann

slide

Robert,
Do I understand that you had side steering, mounted a side slide and left your steering in the factory (side) location? Or, you had center steer and vice versa?
Thanks,
Scott

Yellowallison

""" Thanks Scott Vickery for your advice on not moving the helm. You are one of the Allison Gurus I pay attention to. """"""

Thanks Robert.............. You knwo I always try helping anybody with anything from fendors , to props to steerring - blown ProMaxes... :p

and a BIG Thanks again to you for your efforts in the Yeallr II boat project..
:wink: :wink:

ROBERT DONT LISTEN TO YELLER HE IS FULL OF CHIT!!!!!!! :shock:

AMAN... Those comments is the reason why CHROMIES Daugther jus throwed all yur clothes out tha front door...

Robert.. I'm so soory AMAN made such rude comments on yur nice lil post.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

robert

side slide

Originally this boat was side steer. It was then converted to center steer with hydraulic steering. When I bought the boat it was center steer. I did not like running down the lake with a passenger and not having the ability to converse so I converted to side slide. I left the steering alone (it is center steer). I have not had the boat out yet but when I do this weekend I think I will like it.