In dash flasher in a xb2002

john w

Has any one ever installed a flasher in the dash? I was thinking of removing the mph guage,since they dont work very well anyway and installing a lowrance or vexilar flasher,or even an humminbird super sixty,running the transducer in the tray behind the back seat. Than i can use a Lowrance x135 up front at the trolling motor. I hate looking at a guage that does nothing,MPH.

Last edited:

racerx

John i heard you needed a calander for speed with that E-Bomb....

John S

Maybe not the answer you're looking for, but my lowrance locator has a flasher option, and it works as good as the marcom I use for ice fishing. Maybe spend the money on a good locator with GPS, then you have the speedo also. Just throwing it out there.

chester8420

They are never accurate,the plastic arm always cracks in half. They are a waste of time. I trust my little garmen gps for speed.
My speedo water pickup is formed into the tip of my low water pickup nose cone. It is metal and doesn't give any trouble unless i smack a stump and have to ream the wood out of it. Its relatively accurate. When it says 50 I'm probably going ~50. When it says 84, I'm not looking at it.:big grin

Blue Gray in PA

You could also buy a GPS-driven speedo and put that in the hole in the dash - that's what's in my 03 - it's very accurate and saves me looking farther left at the Humminbird at higher speeds. Just another option...