I'm either brave or "ignernt"...

RedAllison

I DID IT! I bought the demo deckboat I been looking at from a local dealer. It's a 2005 Suncruiser (Lowe) Tahiti 222 with GASP... a midnight blue INJUN!!! :shock: It's a 2005 Evinrude 150 "Direct Injection", I reckon Bomb is trying to shed the "Ficht" image and I haven't seen that name on any of the paperwork or the engine itself. It was the dealers personal demo lastyear and everything stayed together, so knock on wood I'm gonna take my chances with it.

One thing I CAN say about this motor is that it is damn quiet and smooth. I asked about ordering a 2006 rig with an Etec but this dealer is already sold out of his allotment of 06s so I would have to wait until June/July at the earliest for an 07. Too heck with that, I'm ready to drink beer and muddy this thing up NOW!!! Anyone know about the "XD 50" E-rude oil? It's a synthetic blend specifically for direct injection engines. Is there any reason I can't run 100% Syn Pennz in it? I asked Jay Smith about it and said he didn't see any reason why it wouldn't work (manual calls for E-rude DI oil or any TCW3). The XD 50 in the tank (and I bought 2 gals. for the hell of it) looks as dark blue and has about the same consistency as the 100% Pennz I use in my ProMax.

Yeah yeah yeah, it won't do 90 and it weighs ALOT more but "my wifes boat" (lol I told Michelle that "my" boat matches my truck and now "her" boat matches her truck) is basically a 22' long beercooler with a kickin Clarion soundsystem that also has Sirius radio, SeaStar hyd steering, ACRES of room and the chaise lounges are built for some serious... :? :shock: :p . :wink:
RA

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
You gonna brang that pimp barge to the rally, McDogg? We sure needs it....a platform to thow people off of and do circles like the limo last year!

RedAllison

lol LLDoggg I WISH I could say yes, but you must notta hurd dat I will beez in AZ (family re-union) "Rally Week"! :cry: Otherwise I just might would trailer em BOTH up there for da fun.

I'm gonna hafta get on "Family Tradition" (her christened name!) and drink all this beer I been savin for the rally tho!!! :wink:
RA

GotMyAlly

Lemme know when you're ready to break 'er in and I'll see if I can round up some 'kinis.

I'm gonna be up at Pickwick April 18-19-20 (and maybe some that weekend if I can get away) for the fast boat rally. You should bring RDW out and let her stretch her legs and show me how to catch some smallies.

RedAllison

Neal I actually was hopin to make at least the Wed of FastBass but I haven't had a chance to jack with the steering in RDW. I also am going to MO to turkey hunt the two weeks following the rally so I don't need to take that time off work either. I hate it also, would like to meet the guys over there and since I can't do the AlliRally this year I was all the more hopeful to at least get the FastBass rally.

Fishin wise, Pickwick has been slow again this year. They should be smack in the middle of the spawn next week if this weather stays good. Look for the gravel flats in the main lake and chunk heavy spinnerbaits and tubes (about as fun as watching paint dry if you ask me!).

Bein the boat is a demo it is already broke in, but for sure it needs some 'kinis that's ALWAYS good!!! :wink: If it was just me and the kids weren't in the boat I would "Ol Glory" flyin on one flagpole and a T-back flyin from the other... :p
RA

GotMyAlly

If you can make wed. of the fastbass rally and can't get your steering fixed in time, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me.