Idiots and Pontoons

GotMyAlly

I was up at Pickwick this weekend and against my better judgement I went to hang out at the falls. A friend of mine was up there with me and his uncle has a cabin on the lake and a pontoon and a couple of jet skis. His uncle came down to the falls in his pontoon later in the day. After floating around for a while, his uncle decided to head out. His pontoon had drifted sideways with my boat 5' straight in front of him and another boat 5' straight behind him. With no warning, he sits down, fires up his 88 HP evinrude, and put it in forward. Me and my buddy (his nephew) made a beeline for the side of my boat and each caught a sponson just before they hit the side of my boat and this jack leg just keeps pushing forward, pushing my boat sideways. Had our reaction time been a split second slower (ie., had I drank 1 more beer), that pontoon would have been parked on the back deck of my boat. Well, he just keeps pushing forward until he decides he's cleared enough room to turn around. The whole time I'm yelling "f*&^, take it out of gear dangit" but probably a little more colorful than that. Once he's pushed me far enough that he has room to back up and straighten up, he turns and heads out and never looks back. My buddy looked at me and had a blank stare. He apologized profusely for his uncle, but I don't blame him for his uncle not being able to drive a boat. Later we saw his uncle at the marina and I just stayed clear but I heard him call his uncle out on it. His uncles reply was, "Well, I didn't know the people in the boat behind me."

RedAllison

Pickwick, pontoons, dumbasses... surely you jest?

Man the lake is COVERED with em and the falls is their primordial roosting site. I've seen em tied up rubrail too engine cowl 1/4 mile out into the lake down at the falls. I'm sure the place has some action and plenty of 'kinis but it's north MS so you KNOW the rednecks are out in force! :p

Neal we need to get a plan and have you come up too our lil island for the weekend, it has it's share of dumbasses around but for the most part you are safe and certainly don't have to worry about someone running your boat over while it's simply beached.

Call me,
RA

GotMyAlly

Just let me know. I'm on call for work this week and weekend, but any weekend after this one I can make it. I've been wanting to check out the river and this beach you've been tellin' me about. I need to scope out some new 'kinis. The scenery about Beech is gettin' old.