Identifing center steer boats

Reel Life

I'm looking to buy an Allison XB bass boat and want a center steering/console (Single or Dual seat) Model. Is there a model designator I should look for in the model descriptions that will identify an Allison boat as having center steering? Thanks in advance. Mark

ziemer

I'm looking to buy an Allison XB bass boat and want a center steering/console (Single or Dual seat) Model. Is there a model designator I should look for in the model descriptions that will identify an Allison boat as having center steering? Thanks in advance. Mark
Most of the XB2002's are center steer. There is a side by side version of the 2002's but they seem to be a little more rare.

The XB2003 will have the side by side seating always.

22R

Most of the Xb 2002's came center steer. Mine was converted to side steer with the wide sport console and I converted it back. Easy to do !! Good Luck

22R

Reel Life

Thanks for the info. It appears that you need to see the boat to make sure of the of the setup.
What years did allison build the XB2002 and what is the difference in a 2003 and 2002? Thanks again, Mark

msethsmile

Funny Guy
The best way to tell is view from either directly in front or behind the boat. . If the steering wheel is in the middle (port to starboard), then its a center steer. Its much more difficult to tell from a side view.

John S

The best way to tell is view from either directly in front or behind the boat. . If the steering wheel is in the middle (port to starboard), then its a center steer. Its much more difficult to tell from a side view.
Deep thaughts, from Jack Smiley Handy......like that could only come from an Iowegian.lol

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I should have prefaced that remark with--it doesn't always work. In the many times I've tried it, only once has it failed...