I thought rangers were tough???

Crazyoz

Banned
No this guys jack knife the trailer trying to unload and back it into the ramp docks, if you look you can see that the guy next to him pulled out in a hurry to see if the boat was alright.:shock:

Crazyoz

Banned
I hope no one was hurt and I hope it all works out for the owner, it sucks when your vessel lays down on you.

Last edited:

biller31

I liked my Ranger 520DVX. It was definitely better than the Stratos 201 I owned. Of course the Allison XB-21 beats all comers in most departments. But there is still little things on each brand that I've seen and liked. The new Skeeters have an automatic compartment lock just like the doors on your car only operates from a code key pad. I like that. The BassCat has this hand-pole and step on the trailer tongue. I like that. Some of the other brands are making consoles with enough surface space to flush mount an 1197 Humminbird. I like that. Nothing is built as well as an Allison but it doesn't mean that everything on every other boats sucks. There's still cool stuff out there that needs to be integrated.

amosXB03

long ago I owned a ranger, the construction, fit and finish was excellent, it was a great bass boat, set up for fishing.

I would like to have some information on those transom bolts though, man those dang things really held up well!!

If he jack knifed or backed into something he must have knocked the ever loving &^$* out of it.

Almost as funny as when my aunt locked the keys to my uncles running brand new blazer on the ramp during rush hour....evidently thats another reson the corps of engineers places rip rap near the ramps, to bust your rear window out with when you loose your cool....ended up being the most expensive window to replace!

strip

If you will notice I said quality per $ on a ranger is bad. I stand by this. Maybe I exagerated some by saying not in top 10. As for fit and finish, Yeah they look great as long as you don't look at the out of sight places. You'd be surprised at what foam, paint, and carpet will hide. I do not imply that a Ranger is any better or worse than anyother production boat only that I would expect better for that kind of money.

RedAllison

As a prior Basscat Puma owner...they are no where near 2nd in build quality to an Allison. Their hype is in 1st place but thats where it ends. I would run a Nitro (owned one of them too) before another Basscat.
DAMN Rob!!! :shock:

I'd sit on a yellow bucket with a cane pole onda bank before I'd own a Nitro... :LMAO:
RA

Texan

I gotta buddy in Greenwood that went from a Stratos to a Bass Cat Pantara III, then to a Ranger sumthinernuther. He and his wife swear by the ride in their Ranger over either of the other two. I personally have never riden in a Ranger or a Stratos, but I thought the Bass Cat he had rode well, but then I rode in severe chop in my XB03 like we had last weekend on Fork not long after I learned to drive it, and hands down, the Alli takes the rough stuff better.

K.Kiser

The Allison's are the best in chop of the Bassers, the Rangers do well in rough stuff as long as the bow stays down to utilize the very sharp forward deadrise but the rear 1/2 of the running surface is pretty flat and rides as such... There will always be alot of comments in both directions about most things, but all but a few lemon Ranger's or overly abused ones are built very well and excel at what they were built for... Imagine how many Ranger's are out there and being used in the most demanding situations of any Bassboat under the usage of Guy's who couldn't give a damn if they break a hull or not, and yet all but a few hold up suprisingly well... Slow, yes -- sexy, no -- overpriced, yes but they do their job well...

RedAllison

The Allison's are the best in chop of the Bassers, the Rangers do well in rough stuff as long as the bow stays down to utilize the very sharp forward deadrise but the rear 1/2 of the running surface is pretty flat and rides as such... There will always be alot of comments in both directions about most things, but all but a few lemon Ranger's or overly abused ones are built very well and excel at what they were built for... Imagine how many Ranger's are out there and being used in the most demanding situations of any Bassboat under the usage of Guy's who couldn't give a damn if they break a hull or not, and yet all but a few hold up suprisingly well... Slow, yes -- sexy, no -- overpriced, yes but they do their job well...
lol ask Jeffro about a big Ranger vs a 21 A-boat inda snotty crap. Lastweek at Fork a storm blew up and we was on the OPPOSITE end of the lake from the marina. We battoned her down and skeedattled. Several boats were crossing the lake while hardly on plane. I was takin it easy, maybe 35-40 down the boat lane when ol Cowboy Craft owner decided he wanted MY line. :punch He came by and then turned RIGHT in front of us like he just KNEW I couldn't take that water in my A-boat. I guess he thought we needed him in front of us to cut the water for us. :rolling eyes

Last we seen him he was a couple hundred yards behind us and fadin inda distance as we turned for the marina. :big grin
RA

RedAllison

LOL naw it aint, I can PROMISE YOU dat sumbeech woulda got back tooda ramp and been like, "Yep them A-boats aint for chit inda rough water, I passed him out there and he couldn't hang!" :razz

Just doin my part to keep em informed, :twisted evil
RA

Aqua Vicious

Not to get off the Ranger hype, but I had a 26' Baja pass me on the way to Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom. Now, it was ruff as chit. I was running around 60, timing the waves and enjoying nice easy jumps when I look over and this guy and his girl is looking at me like bethcha can't ride like this.......well......The look on there face was priceless when the 20'3" XB03 came back around them at 76mph. He looked like, showoff........his girl looked like how in the heck can he do that with that little bitty boat. Now I admitt it was ruff and a handful, and his did look a lot smoother, but he didn't beat me to the Beer. :beer:

john4utvols

I believe it was at the 06 Allison rally, We were on Watts Bar Lake I think it was on Sat. during the middle of the day. Me and the wife was in the SS and was just crusing when this big 20 something foot big inboard came by running in the 90+ range.The water was very choppy and waves were hitting 3' in some spots. I thought oh hell no he didn't so I gased it on down and got up to 100 and noticed this big *** 5' swell but it was to late we hit it, and the glove box poped open my cd player came flying out, and almost threw the wife out. I looked back at her and asked if she was ok, and she said yes, so I gased it down again and made my point when I went by him at 104. Yeah it was stupid and I about killed us, but I still could not stand him going by us. These A-boats can take them waves better than any boat in its size range that I know of.

strip

Not to get off the Ranger hype, but I had a 26' Baja pass me on the way to Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom. Now, it was ruff as chit. I was running around 60, timing the waves and enjoying nice easy jumps when I look over and this guy and his girl is looking at me like bethcha can't ride like this.......well......The look on there face was priceless when the 20'3" XB03 came back around them at 76mph. He looked like, showoff........his girl looked like how in the heck can he do that with that little bitty boat. Now I admitt it was ruff and a handful, and his did look a lot smoother, but he didn't beat me to the Beer. :beer:
Papa Allison had me rolling on the floor at a story he told about a big boat tying up with him on lake Ouachita. He Said " I turned the batteries upside down and was washing the rub rails but there was no way that sum bich was going to pass him!" And I thought I was bad!

papasallison

2011 FastPass MVP
Like the Hydromotive ads say, "when the going gets rough, the tough get going." I had my 28 hydromotive on, they had a poker run and one boat kept jumping on all the bass boats and other boats. We were watching him, and I told Lucy that if he jumped on one more bass boat, we were going to go get him. He did, and we did. I can't remember if it was a Fountain, Scarab, or Baha. You should have seen the look on his face when my little 2003 went blowing by his ***. He tried passing me in some very, very, rough water on Ouachita. I told Lucy to hang on, cause he wasn't passing me back. Then I had to apologize to her for taking her for such a rough ride.

Aqua Vicious

It's like a bad disease........once you got it, you die with it and there's no cure while you're living! But Damn, those looks are priceless!!! :cuss

You A-Boat guys are :cuss crazy!!!