I is OUT of da huntin/fishin bidness...

RedAllison

well folks today was it!!! :( Twas my lost official day of being in the hunting/fishing retail business. I grew up in it with my step-brother when he opened his first store in Memphis in 1985 and I have been in and out of it eversince. When I closed my dealership in 01 I went back too work for him at his store here in Jackson, TN. He grew tired of it a few years ago and began pursuing other interests but kept the stores open until lastyear. So about this time lastyear I went to work for another store here in town who had just added hunting/fishing equipment in their store (as did many of my brothers former employees).

BUT as my dad always tells me life is a continual change, and I must admit that I was sometimes dreading getting up in the morning and dealing with the public so I aint gonna do something I no longer FULLY enjoy. Besides that my mother asked for my help in Memphis with her business/investment interests so I have been down there 3-4 days a week for the last month and will continue to do so as we have begun an investment company together.

The retail business is just not as much fun as it used to be with the stiff competition that big catalog and on-line stores have brought too the market, customer loyalty ends with their checkbooks it seems. I honestly can say that I am looking forward too an office and business trips looking at the next possible deal. BUT you can be assured that I am STILL gonna be very much involved with the hunting/fishing as now more than ever they will truly be my past-time/release and my sons are getting old enough now that they are beginning to insist on going with me! :wink:

Oh yeah and another plus is my new office in Memphis is just down the street from the best Hooters in the Memphis area!!! :twisted:
RA

FlatOutAlly

Really sorry to hear, Red. These are different times.....

Best of luck and if in your travels you are up in the Cities or Rochester, give a call and we'll 'settle up'.

Cliff 5072885471

RedAllison

AbMS my step-brother owned the Buck & Bass stores (Memphis, Jackson TN) and for the last year I have been working for the good folks @ The Great Outdoor Store here in Jackson.

Flat are in MN? I can't say that I enjoyed my visits up there as my only dealings over the last few years was in Rochester with my step-father who was being treated for his cancer at Mayo. (We lost him Jan 30 lastyear after 6 years of thyroid and throat cancer.) But if I ever do get back up that way I'd be happy to look ya up, thanks for the invite.

Everyone have a good un,
RA

FlatOutAlly

Yep, we're in Rochester and I understand your thoughts. That's the same thing a lot of other people think for the same reason.

If think you just need to try us under different circumstances. It truly is a sportsman's paradise.