I guess this makes it official

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
Very nice, looks like you found a good one. Has the skid planer too. I would definitely try to locate a good 2.5 Mercury or Mariner to compliment such a nice boat. Keep a lookout on Scream and Fly and Mercury High Performance Facebook site, they come up for sale periodically. 3 liters are just too heavy and Allison recommends against them for the Grand Sport. Is it already rigged for a Mercury? And, post some more pictures once you get a motor on it. Congratulations!!

creeljd58

Thanks everybody! Our local Merc dealer is rebuilding me a 2.5 Pro Max 225 hp motor (20 inch mid), should be ready in May. But it's not a 225X motor which is my preference because of the digital oil injection system. So I'll be premixing oil for a while. I also like the suggestion of the 200XS ROS but I've heard there were not many of them built.

whipper

Mine with a 225 promax has been great. Make sure they do a best job on that rebuild and since its being done get your revs to max out at 7500. 40-1 mix 91 or better merc premium pluss and you will be golden. Go SM gear case for best reliability. Coned 200,s are fastest but require way more maintenance on the shell mostly because of epoxy and paint. Really nice looking GS. :] Get yourself a 28 drag 3 and a 25 trophy and all your bases will be covered. :]