I can't believe you Volunteers let......

FlatOutAlly

.....Laney Kiffin out of town ALIVE. What a freakin' loser.... To me, it's just more reason to hate sc.

Please accept my condolences. You guys FINALLY get rid of Fuller and now this... Yunz don't deserve it.

amosXB03

My 2 cents. Fulmer was a goog coach. Took the Vols to the promised land, did well recruiting, ran a fine program, and they were contenders every year he was there. They were stupid to run off a coach like that who loved Tennessee. Lane Kiffin other than being an assistant is a loser, I am even happier now that Clemson didn't give hime serious consideration. Hope this hurts recruiting, at least for some of the SC boys that were considering Tn.

Go TIGERS!

RedAllison

Fulmer WAS a great coach, but he got comfortable and lazy. It was time for him to move on. Word is he's being talked to as a replacement for Mike Hamilton! He got so lazy that top 25 recruits quit looking at him. You gotta STAY ON TOP to attract the top.

All I require for a "good" UT coach is being in the SEC Championship 50% of the time, maybe run for the Nat Title game at least once per decade. Doesn't even have to win everytime, just MAKE the SEC Title game more times than not. As far as I'm concerned the SEC title game IS the true National Champ game! :twisted evil

Even Kiffin admitted lastnight that UT is a top 10 program in the nation. That narrows down your options of CAPABLE coaches who can actually take that and run with it! :relax:
RA

Swamp boy

As far as I'm concerned the SEC title game IS the true National Champ game! :twisted evil
You can say that again. As far as Kiffin he's a lil sunshine boy anyways. I wish him and USC the worst of luck. I've heard enough about both of em this year as it is.

On a high note, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!:very happy

RedAllison

You can say that again. As far as Kiffin he's a lil sunshine boy anyways. I wish him and USC the worst of luck. I've heard enough about both of em this year as it is.
AMEN, ANYTHING Fruitifornia makes my stomach turn and the way he handled this forever put him on my chitlist. I actually LIKED his shake up and smack talkin ways, brought some new air and 'tude into the program. But to run off like a lil poosi like he did... :cuss He could've handled it ALOT differently than he did.

Like him or hate him, Coach Calipari did it right. He WAS physically and mentally torn about leaving Memphis. KY was his dream job and we knew that on the front end, kinda hoped he'd stay after the 9 years of greatness he built and to his defense he DID seriously consider it and talk with alot of us of in the program before he committed to KY. But in the end the allure of the program and raising a family in Lexington was something I don't think anyone could fault the man for. He likewise came back to Memphis the day after his presser with KY in Lexington and had pressers here and talked with folks. Our feelings were still hurt and some still couldn't get over it BUT he had the sack to come back and look us in the eyes. He also came back a couple months later for a pre-arranged fund raiser.

Kiffey boy COULDA done something like that but as we see, pretty boy packed his bags, grabbed his hot lil wife and hightailed it to CA while his sorry *** piece of chit asst. coach Orgeron was busy dialing UT commits and telling them NOT to go to class the next day and "oh yeah by the way, wanna come to USC?" :furious

Honestly there's no sure fire 100% GOOD way to handle a situation like this but Kiffey sure as hell did it 110% WRONG!!! :rolling eyes

GOODBYE and good riddance. Word is we're nearin something with Cutcliffe... MAN I HOPE SO!!! :cool
RA

h2oskiier30

I actually LIKED his shake up and smack talkin ways, brought some new air and 'tude into the program.
Kiffin's smack talkin ways is what made the rest of the SEC see him for what he really was. Y'all were just too enamoured with him to notice.

It might have been different if he had been right with his smack talk, but he wasn't. He called Meyer a cheater for sending texts to recruits while they were on official visits to Ut...he was wrong. He claimed UT should have gotten a re-kick against Bama due to Cody taking his helmet off...wrong again.

Smack talk is a ticklish thing...it's ok if you know the rules, but you come off as a dipschitt if you talk a world of smack and you're wrong...which Kiffin was.

That kind of crap tends to begin rubbing off on your team...the attitude of "we have no regards for the rules here", and "we snub our noses at authority here". Players begin to get in trouble (check), and a sense of thuggery begins to surround your program. And, honestly, it was beginning to.

That said, I have zero love for Tennessee, and especially for Fulmer. Fulmer, Dickey, and certain UT boosters and brass (with Roy Kramer in their back pockets) engaged in a methodical and devious plan to bring the Alabama program to its knees. We all remember Fulmer's famous "Alabama will be out of business in two years" statement, as well as his cowardly "secret witness" crap for the NCAA. I'm not saying Logan Young didn't pay for Albert Means...far from it. I think we were guilty on that count. I'm just saying that all the other bs, which amounted to a "get out of jail free" for UT was a bunch of crap. Tee Martin received all kinds of benefits from Diane Sanford in Mobile, but UT never got so much as a slap on the wrist for it...a "reward" for getting Bama thrown in the slammer.

So...that said...maybe it's kharma...maybe it's just bad luck. But I ain't crying for UT. The chickens have come home to roost...and y'all did it to yourselves.

hack02

The Alabama football program brought all of their greif on themselves at that point in time by cheating. Fulmer said at the time that it wasn't fair for the kids playing in the TN program or any other program in the SEC to play by the rules while the Alabama program had an unfair advantage. Thats why he blew the whistle and prosecuted the situation to the full extent of his ability.
As far as the Kiffen deal, The University of Tennessee athletic program got what it deserved for getting into bed with a snake like Kiffin. We reap what we sow.

h2oskiier30

At no point did I say that Alabama wasn't guilty.

I simply said that Fulmer did it the coward's way...hiding behind the "secret witness" door...all after making the statement that Alabama would be "out of business in two years" to numerous outlets. Tell me that's not a guy with a vendetta?

And, please explain to me how, if everyone has to play by the same rules, Tennessee got NOTHING from PROVEN blatant pay for play violations regarding Tee Martin? Did Fulmer think the rest of the SEC should have to play by the rules while Tee Martin got paid? Did Fulmer think that was fair, since he annointed himself the paragon of fair play?

You can't have it both ways.

As I've said twice now...I don't think Alabama should have gotten off. But, I do think that Tennessee should have been riding the lightning, too.

Last edited:

LAAllison

Fulmer, aka the fat coward from Knoxville, was/is a yellow bellied coward. As long as he was a secret witness he was a big man but as soon as civil action was brought that would force him to face the people he lied about and slandered he showed his colors-- YELLOW and hid, didn't have the guts to face the folks he fingered behind closed doors. How dirty was Bama? Who knows. As long as you can hide and tell the NCAA what ever you want and not have to prove it, and the accused has no right to face the accuser and the rules are changed at the whim of the NCAA there will only be questions. Just try to imagine if you were accused of a crime and never allowed to face or question the chief witness against you. Fulmer was, is and will be a rotten part of Tenn history. He is a coward.

Art

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

Couldn't have said it better myself, Art. Fulmer bitched out and didn't even attend SEC media days after it came out because he knew he was going to be served a subpoena. Cowardly act, by a cowardly person.

jdb35

Hell, I wish UT would have hired him again, but UT definitely is reaping what they have sowed. It is now leaking out that Kiffen was involved with some co-eds, alcohol, and a car accident in Sept. that got covered up.

RedAllison

It is now leaking out that Kiffen was involved with some co-eds, alcohol, and a car accident in Sept. that got covered up.
:shock: THATs a hard one to believe, I can't see something like that getting covered up.

And besides that, his wife is HOTTER than anything else on campus. IF he truly DID then he IS a phookin idiot and needs to be drug down the road by the testicles!!! :punch
RA

Attachments

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

It is now leaking out that Kiffen was involved with some co-eds, alcohol, and a car accident in Sept. that got covered up.
:shock: THATs a hard one to believe, I can't see something like that getting covered up.

And besides that, his wife is HOTTER than anything else on campus. IF he truly DID then he IS a phookin idiot and needs to be drug down the road by the testicles!!! :punch
RA
Well...part of the story is beginning to leak out and be confirmed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4840383

Wrecked car.....check
Coeds, alcohol.....yet to be determined

jdb35

I don't think you will get any argument that Kiffen is an idiot, even the Volunteer fans will go for that. He has set UT's football program back again. I do think that they may have hired a good coach, but they will have to give him time because he is definitely playing catch up to the rest of the conference.