hyd-allison steering

michael j giesler

I can not believe it i just drove my ally with hyd steering xb-2002 with an 250 ho e-tech i was looking for the trim switches on the wheel and John laughed:LMAO: at me it had the turn signal style they suck i can't beieve they can't put the switches on the wheel there has got to be away :confused:

SLOmofo

You can . Put a plug at the end of the cord under the dash. When it gets wound up, disconnect, unwind and reconnect.
I like the turn signal type, I've had Hyd for 20 years and buttons on the floor also, never had buttons on the wheel.

SLOmofo

whipper

I like the blinker style way better than the wheel style. When I drive im always at 10 and 2 . I like the little finger touch of the blinker when driving its always in the same spot. I can see how it would take getting used to same as going to a foot from hand throtle.

white03

there is a way. use trolling motor on/off switches mounted on the floor (actually on a plate that is mounted at an angle on the floor). then use your left foot to trim. I've done it since I went hydralic years ago and prefer it to even the wheel trim switches of old that came with the boat new.

bill

suicidealli

you can always run the coil style wire. it wraps around the steering when you turn. i got use to the blinker style when i ran hyd. im back to the cables now, and like it better, but hyd has its place!!!!!

roy

john w

when i had the hydraulic steering installed, i made a mistake of only installing a right hand blinker trim switch. I see a left hand going on very soon.