Hummingbird SI Technology ----AMAZING

hullbilly

Don't know why I've waited so long, but I finally got the latest greatest sonar technology. I've only been out with it 2 times and only had my SD card on 2 out of 3 trips. I could go on and on about the capabilities of this stuff, but here are a few snapshots I took in different areas I've been catching fish. First time I've ever been able to see fish with sonar! It's on!

My cursor is on a point that had several bass on it. I verified by catching them! LOL

This is a ditch that had scattered bass and crappie......and also gar!

My cursor is on a deep hole in the main channel.

MoodyAllison

Has anyone heard about the new Hummingbird technology that is out now? It's similar to SI but you can view 360 degrees around the boat. Friend of mine rode on the demo boat in Shreveport and said it was a huge jump up from just the side imaging.
Guess I'll have to start saving up for a new depth finder now.......

JOEALLY

I went out yesterday with my "new to me" 798csi that I bought used. I was/am amazed at it. I found stuff on areas that I catch fish on and now I know why!!!

MoodyAllison

They have a new type coming out with 360 degree view of the bottom now. I don't know if it's out for consumers yet but it looks pretty cool.
Only down side is you have to put a big ole pole on back to deploy the transducer into the water.

woodsman

i use down imaging and with some practise you can watch your jig/worm,etc.. bounce the bottom. but i would sure like to have side imageing. as for the 360 stuff, give them a few months to a year and it will prolly have a regular transducer as well.

reward69

Just upgraded to a 998 Humminbird and love it. Ive had one in the past on a previous boat and couldnt do without it so I had to get another. I dont need it much in the spring but come summer time its been invaluable.