Hull plate

zatchmo

Could somebody with an XB2003 snap a picture of their hull plate? Is there a max horsepower rating on the plate? I am trying to insure my boat, but I went and bought a damn 280 for it and my insurance company isn't happy. :blah blah blah

Thanks guys!

Aqua Vicious

Mine says:

This boat being over 20 feet long is not rated by the U.S. Coast Guard or this manufacturer. For maximum efficiency and warranty the recommended horse power is 90-150.

Let me know if you still need a pic

AV

h2oskiier30

Since the boat is over 20' long, the Coast Guard hp rating for the boat is unlimited. Darris puts the "recommended horsepower" on the boat for warranty (and liability, I'm sure) purposes.

Insurance companies get uneasy with them if they'll do over 80 mph. I don't know why that's the magical number, but it is.

whipper

Lots of guys use statefarm and I use Loyds of London. Not a problem. Theres threads on insurance under search function. If the broker your useing is not versed in Marine find another one that we all use. Your waisting your time with people that dont know there job. Just say its a 97mph boat because with the right prop it is. Mine insured for 100mph just incase i get a 260 one day. Once you get an insurance policy stick with them forever and they will always just renew your policy. Should be in the 450-600 bucks a year range. Hears a link or two. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=1100&highlight=insurance+xb2002 http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=6740&highlight=insurance

zatchmo

Lots of guys use statefarm and I use Loyds of London. Not a problem. Theres threads on insurance under search function. If the broker your useing is not versed in Marine find another one that we all use. Your waisting your time with people that dont know there job. Just say its a 97mph boat because with the right prop it is. Mine insured for 100mph just incase i get a 260 one day. Once you get an insurance policy stick with them forever and they will always just renew your policy. Should be in the 450-600 bucks a year range. Hears a link or two. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=1100&highlight=insurance+xb2002 http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=6740&highlight=insurance
It's really funny you link to that, it's State Farm that's giving me the fits, go figure. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people in this state that owns an Allison, so I don't know if that changes things or not. I never did tell him how fast it would go, only that it has a 280 on it. He's going to take my case to the underwriter to see if they'll cover it. :rolling eyes

Darth VMAX

I have State Farm and they never blinked an eye for insuring my XB2002/"200" hp. They even read my plate and fully accepted the "over 20ft" statement

nickens21

I have state farm and when i went from a 200hp to a 225hp they cancelled my policy... But i called a different agent and got insured with state farm again.. Go figure... Alot depends on ur agent... Good luck...

Fishforcash

Find a new agent. I did have trouble trying to switch companys 2 years ago (from Formost to Progressive) with my XB2003/225PM. The agent said it was over rated and that I couldnt run a 3.0L motor and I told her my motor was a 2.5 and she said Mercury didnt make a 225 in 2.5L so I hung up and found someone else. If they are that ignorant to what they are insuring I dont need them as my agent.

Most companys are good but the key is your agent. If they want you covered they will handle it. If they wobble one bit start shopping and let them know you're shopping. When the owner/agent finds out they are loosing or lost a homeowners, multible cars, a motorcycle, lake home or RV, and a boat they start backing up. ONLY deal with the person thats name is on the sign out front, not the gal that answers the phone and types for 1200 bucks a month. They dont care if they sign you or not, and only know what they read on the puter or in some manual. They dont see the big picture that multible items and re-signs are what makes them the big money.

They will do a email search on you so watch what you write on message boards that use that email, I learned that the hard way.

Lakeman (Allison)

My say For maximum efficiency and warranty the recommended horse power is 90-150
or 375 lb. or 425 lb.

aaronmt

My insurance agent tried to run mine through proggresive at first, and they said unecptable.I think were through allstate now and we carry the same high limits we have on our cars.I dont pay the insurance she does, but I believe its around 350 a year.

XSive

I have State Farm and they never blinked an eye for insuring my XB2002/"200" hp. They even read my plate and fully accepted the "over 20ft" statement
Sounds like you may as well save your monety and not have insurancebecuase if/when you have a claim and they look closely at your "200" they wilol tell you to blow smoke.

zatchmo

Well, I called a different State Farm agent, and this one didn't have a problem with it. I did go with the 280, so that could be part of my problem. They aren't used to seeing 280 hp outboards up on these parts. We signed the binder, hopefully the higher-ups don't give me the middle finger when it comes time to actually write the policy. If they do, I'm screwed. I have a loan against the boat so I have to have it insured somehow.

Aqua Vicious

Well, I called a different State Farm agent, and this one didn't have a problem with it. I did go with the 280, so that could be part of my problem. They aren't used to seeing 280 hp outboards up on these parts. We signed the binder, hopefully the higher-ups don't give me the middle finger when it comes time to actually write the policy. If they do, I'm screwed. I have a loan against the boat so I have to have it insured somehow.
You're not prior military are you? All my stuff is with USAA and they are excellent. By the way I have one of those 2.5 225s that Merc don't make.:laughing

zatchmo

You're not prior military are you? All my stuff is with USAA and they are excellent. By the way I have one of those 2.5 225s that Merc don't make.:laughing
No, I'm not. I read all over on here that State Farm would do it, you just have to find the right agent. Hopefully I don't have to fight with them. So far so good. As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news right now. On a brighter note, my motor is all crated up and hopefully will get picked up today. I should be up and running by next weekend!!! :big grin :big grin

Aqua Vicious

no, i'm not. I read all over on here that state farm would do it, you just have to find the right agent. Hopefully i don't have to fight with them. So far so good. As far as i'm concerned, no news is good news right now. On a brighter note, my motor is all crated up and hopefully will get picked up today. I should be up and running by next weekend!!! :big grin :big grin
congrats!!!