HP sticker rating

xb2003

Where was the older post about a Ally owner and the flw controversy over the hp rating? What came out of that? Is a 150 is all you can put on the Ally for those events to be legal?

I done the search...I think it might have been on the old board.

RedAllison

xb its really a gray area and up too the tournament directors and how far anyone wants to push the issue. TECHNICALLY the rating reads in the first sentence, "This boat being over 20' in length is NOT rated by the Coast Guard OR the manufacturer." BUT thats not enough for some. They want to argue since it has some numbers on it the plate (efficiency and warranty ratings as far as Allison is concerned) 90-150, some who want to be smartasses and real cute point to that plate and call it a "rating plate" instead of a "recommendation plate". I understand Darris' reasons for them, I guess some lawyers have convinced him it will stand up in court. But I SERIOUSLY doubt it would if really pressed as his own advertising, recommendation in "the red book" and setup help (as well as many factory tests and record events) feature them with much larger engines.

I think in alot of events if you just showed up and fished you would be ok until you beat some redneck who is jealous (or a tournament director on a powertrip) and decides to get sticky with the rules. In absolutes the plate is nothing and says "NOT RATED" and then again rules are not black and white. I have never fished a tournament where they didn't have the disclaimer at the bottom of the rules page that the rulings of the tournament director is FINAL!
RA

brotherxb03

I bought my xb03 used and whwn I say that sticker my thoughts were,boy if this isn't a cover your but sticker. I have not seen a allison with a 150.

jimmyb

i know some other allison fishermen have gotten approval that the sticker is ok...

I am hopefully fishing a BFL tournament in a couple of weeks... I am going to be contacting the tournament director and getting approval BEFORE I enter it.

they better let me fish with it!

Blue Gray in PA

Brother xb03 - If you can make it to the Rally, you can see mine with a Mariner 150 HP. That's what was on it when I bought it :( and money's too tight to change it right now. Maybe someday. :roll:

brotherxb03

Yea I here you blue gray,my motor is a 2.5 carb 200 that I built from parts. MY brother has a small outboard shop,so I bough the block frome him,used my 2.4 crank,bought 2.5 carbs from another dealer ect. But it's dependable. Wish I could make to the rally,but I need a new trailer before I pull it that far,maybe next year. I bought it off ebay last year and got shafted on the trailer.

jimmyb

i just got off the phone with mike hill (the tournament director for the BFL tournament that I plan on fishing) and he approved me fishing in my allison. He seemed to be quite familiar with the allison sticker and said it was no problem since my boat was over 20'. I think they have gotten asked this question a lot in the last few months, ever since they DQ'd the guy for not having any capacity sticker

hope this helps...

Tray Archer

the plate ya'll are referring to says recomended..it does not say required
it probaply is a legea/liability reason.
Tray