How's this for 7 year old glass?...

Allyfishing

That is beautiful Rob!!!! What do you use to polish it? And do you use a buffer or good old fashioned man power??

I removed my C&O sticker shortly after I got the boat home.

And now I gotta say.........

time to upgrade that in dash Garmin with an HDS 5 or 7 if it fits!! And get structure scan etc. Unless you have an electronics unit that I can't see in the picture you have no idea what you are missing!!!!

I know it sux drilling holes in a beautiful boat but once it's done and the pain and healing dissipate it's well worth it!!!!!!

And I've got to ask ya....have you trailered a good distance yet with the new cover and if so did it scratch the sides near the sponsons??? And does it have the vent/pole for between the seats or one up on the front deck??

thanks
Craig

beautiful boat!!!!!!

GFL

Looks stunning , too bad for me you are not selling it
Starting to look for my next Allison I want a 21 but may have to get another 03

Jr in Jax

Mine is 16 years old and still looks like brand new each year...... when it gets back from Jack Barsh's shop. It even gets a new rubrail each trip too since I put so many hours on it each year that my feet had actually rubbed through the carpet and I had Jack replace the carpet this year too.

RobShaw-BasSport

It's gonna take some more elbow grease to make that trailer shine like the boat
The good thing about galvanized as compared to painted steel is that they start out ugly and stay the same.

I wax the boat twice a year with a hard wax like Collonite and then polish it with Pro Tec. This was a touch-up with Bass Boat Saver.

I never trailer any of my boats with a cover on them.

The old Garmin in the dash is still there until I figure out how to reglass (or otherwise cover up) the hole it would leave when I take it out. I have downscan and sidescan but nothing extravagant as I fish 3-5' tidal rivers.

aeneas

I think that boat looks amazing! On the other hand I can say that the quality and finish of the boats are just amazing! Here is my boat, it was made in 2002. One almost has to wear sunglasses to look at it...

SmallJaw

That's how it's done. Keep it in top shape as you go and there is no re-building the finish. I get called over the top for cleaning and working on my boat all the time but it is something I enjoy and I do like to brag about my boat looking like it is new when it is 8 years old. I have a new cover, well almost new, I've had it for 6 months, but I have not towed my boat with it. I got it from Bill and it has the vent hole between the seats. I pulled my boat up to Rockdale and had the electronics put on it last year and the old cover really beat up the area around my sponsons. It took a lot of detailed elbow grease to get the rash cleaned up. I do believe the Allison cover wouldn't do that but I would also like to know if anybody else has towed much with a cover on and if so, what was the wear on the boat?:wink

GotMyAlly

Keepin' 'em looking good pays dividends when it's time to sell/trade, too. I'm probably over the top about washing/waxing mine too, and one of my pet peeves is dock rash.....I always use bumpers. BUT....I fished out of my first Allison for 6 years and got $3500 more for it when I traded it in than I paid for it when I bought it.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
My 1995 abused xb2002 came out pretty good. It was supposed to be in great shape from a guy in Tx. It is now. :)