How to, xb cockpit area, snow and rain?

BigRWater

Do you expose your xb to snow fall - rain fall? How do you keep the cover from filling up like a swimming pool in the xb cockpit area with snow and rain? I have been using large exercise balls. It only works to some degree. If I continually go out out and work on not allowing major build up, it works ok. What do you do?

Attachments

Last edited:

22R

Mine stays in a shed but looking at what ya got how bout a cheap 3/4 or 1" PVC A frame structure to keep the tarp elevated ???
It would have to be custom built and light to be able to toss it around.

22R

gmorgan

I have seen some folks build a draw string bag that fits over the seat, and the bag is made of a fabric like Naugahyde, water repellent.

SLOmofo

Mine stays in a shed but looking at what ya got how bout a cheap 3/4 or 1" PVC A frame structure to keep the tarp elevated ???

22R
This is what I done for years. Only problem is the hot summer sun makes the plastic deform and sag. The allison is in Havasu Az. where it's HOT, 118 the week I took the Allison pics. 3/4" pcv. Next one will be made out of steel electrical conduit. I'll use cane tip ends to keep the rust from the carpet.

Attachments

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I made a teepee out of pvc pipe. Never had a problem, it was steep enough everything slid off. Use pipe bigger than you think you need, it will be sturdier. I did not glue all the joints so I could easily take it apart for storage.

BigRWater

22R
Thanks! I may still have various 1 inch fittings from another project.

BigRWater

This is what I done for years. Only problem is the hot summer sun makes the plastic deform and sag. The allison is in Havasu Az. where it's HOT, 118 the week I took the Allison pics. 3/4" pcv. Next one will be made out of steel electrical conduit. I'll use cane tip ends to keep the rust from the carpet.
View attachment 15402View attachment 15403View attachment 15404
Great information! 'Also... Love your Champ! What year and model is it?