How to make a beat-up Allison look like a new Allison

Yellowallison

I went by to pick up my almost-back-to-new Grandsport and two things happened:
Actually 3 things happened......

#3.. let YeallrAllison talk me into SPENDIN MO $$$ on redo'n my Jackplate and paintin my moto :LMAO:

JR!!! You boat looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to belive that boat is 10 yrs old and got 2500 hrs of use and few dozen BAT TURNS! :smile:smile:smile

I'd post some PICTURES but I'm leaving around noon for 2 weeks in the WOODS chasing BAMBI!!

Last edited:

JR

Did Jack tell you about another broken gearcase stud? Every year my gearcase breaks at least one stud, just where it protrudes, right at the nut & washer. The stud/nut broke off was hit by the prop and wedged up top sideways. Curtis has changed all the studs before since He thought there might be something wrong with the original studs, just like there was with the motormount/tiller arm bolts.
Mercury needs to pay me to test their motors...
Have fun chasing Bambi, hope you don't catch....
JR

JR

George,
I'll get some Glamour shots once it is finished. It sure looks better. Next I am going to take my beat-up Honda PWC for a miracle.
JR

JR

Now there has got to be a story here somewhere.
We have taken several trips over to Cumberland Island Ga, where the Carnagie Family built serveral mansions, along with their own power station, Iceplant ect.. right at the turn of the century [1899]. The Park Service runs the Island and has a passenger Ferry that doesn't allow bicycles that lands on the extreme South end.
The Island is 15miles x 3miles with uninhabited beaches and full of wild horses.
The trip across King's Bay [where the Trident Sub base is] gets very rough and even padded bicycles are like sawteeth on the cockpit gel-coat.

BTW, I am supposed to pick it up from Jack's tomorrow.
JR

Last edited:

Yellowallison

pics are gonna be required man!
I've been out of time for the last week 1/2 hunting so I couldn't take any PICS!!

if JR hasn't picked the boat up by the time I go by the shop today I will snap/post some pics!!!!!!!!:smile:smile:smile

ziemer

JR, the boat looks great. I was by Jack's shop last Saturday. He was still working on the mid and jackplate when I saw it. :beer::beer:

JR

Thanks, Jeff, I am really pleased with it. I am going to send Kevin some Pics and ask him to post them for me.
JR

Myron

man look at the shine on that thing, looks like Jack did a great job, JR you are good for another 5-10 years now

JR

It is a '98 but it was beat-to-a-pulp.

Thanks much Kevin, for posting those for me.

I am very pleased with how it turned out and it was well worth the money.

JR

whipper

Looks great JR!! Your GS realy does look like new!!Do you have any before pics? I love how your 225 looks with the 15 mid back there. Thats a sweet looking package!

JR

James,
Like I have said, if I would have taken/posted any "before" pictures, I would have been banned from the board for "A-boat abuse".

Scott saw it before, and it-was-not-pretty.
The mid and mounting plates also looked bad due to being left overnight in salt water while on vacation. Jack really works hard.

Hopefully when my bionic knee allows, I will be getting it wet, along with my new Christmas present [a new Honda F15x turbo PWC].

JR