How much fluid in Sportmaster???

RedAllison

Ok, I got da waterpump replaced and everything is back together and seems to be ok. While the gearcase was off I emptied her. Anyone know exactly how many ounces of fluid goes back into her? (99 ProMax SS) For some reason 20oz pops up into my head, but that could just be the draught specials at Logans on certain nights! :wink:

CANT WAIT to get back on da water tomorrow. Last time RDW was wet was 4th of July weekend lastyear!!! :shock:
RA

RedAllison

I know, I know. BUT she's gotten NOTHING but my attention for the last two days. Today I finished up the gearcase, fueled and oiled her up, lubed the hubs and inflated the tires. She also gotta full wash and wax (McGuiars Liquid Gold). She looks like NEW and is ready to boil Beech tomorrow for a shakedown!!!

MAN she looks good, I decided that if F*CK was a color it would be red!!! :twisted:
RA

David Lanham

Dang Red, your bad as me as far as not using the A machine.

Think I logged only two engine hours after last year

RedAllison

Sorry Cliff, didn't see ya. Lube wise I got Mercs "Hi Perf+" whatever kind they call for for Sportmasters. I knew it was a little different than the standard stuff and it's what my local Merc mech said was called for. Too me it looked like Pennz 100% Syn but darker.

BUT it still smells like hell!!! :shock:
RA

FlatOutAlly

Ya think it stinks new, wait till you get your nose in it after it's been used some and maybe has been infiltrated by some other 'foreign' material. :shock: Now there's some STINK. :wink:

Merc Hi-Perf - The only way to go.

RedAllison

Oh I know, I've changed enough gearcase oil to know that it is just plain NASTY smellin, even when new outta da bottle. Nevermind the used stuff... (To bad I can't ever remember how much of the damned stuff goes in em!)

The oil in it had about 2 seasons use (probably didn't get 6 trips on her lastyear tho) so when I opened the case I made sure I was on the UPWIND side. That stuff could knock ya off your feet if you weren't expecting it. WTF is in it that makes it smell so bad anyway???

If you really wanted to get back at some enemies a shot or two of used gearcase oil in their truck/car carpet would SURE "get r dun", :eek:
RA