HOW DO I WORK THE LIVEWELL ON A XB2002

Butch Leslie

I have always used my livewell to store soft drinks, and I never fished out of my boat. I think that I will fish this year, and I don't know how to work the livewell. What does the pump and recirculate switches do. I have an idea, but not sure. If I use recirculate, do I put the valve in the livewell in the close position and it just circulates the water in the well? What does the pump switch do? Does it pump water in from outside and you leave the valve to open? Can I pump the water out of the well? If so how do I do it. What position do I put valve and switches to run the boat and not loose the water in the well?
I can drive this boat over 100, but I don't know how to use the livewell.
Butch Leslie :?: :?:

A

AllisonNewb97

Butch, ive got a 2002, what u do is put the valve in the livewell to the close position and put your switch to pump. This fills the livewell, pumping water from the lake into the livewell. The recirculate switch is to run a different pump and all it does is pump the water from the bottom of your livewell back into the livewell....thus recirculating the water. All this is done with your livewell valve in the closed position. To empty the livewell, switch your valve in the livewell from close to openand your livewell will empty. Im assuming all 2002's are the same. I installed a timer on mine where it doesnt run continuously or you have to manually turn it on and off every so often. I dont know if you've got a timer, but my 2002 didnt. Hopes this helps.