Hoss HPD (Hyperdrive)

Scott Gilmore

What's the difference between the Hoss HPD (I'm assuming that means Hyperdrive) & the Triton ?? Thanks ! Scott :beer:

K.Kiser

The hyperdrive has a little more blade area, more rake for heavier boats, and a little bit thicker blades as well for more durability... Both run super well, but the triton usually runs better on light boats, and the hyperdrive usually runs better on little bit heavier perfromance bass boats...

hack02

Even though this prop question was asked in the engine section it was answered promptly and with much insight by one of our more informed owners. It makes me wonder if the person that asked the question ment to post it in the prop section but an excess of some sort caused said question to be placed out of place. A good question none the less.

Scott Gilmore

Even though this prop question was asked in the engine section it was answered promptly and with much insight by one of our more informed owners. It makes me wonder if the person that asked the question ment to post it in the prop section but an excess of some sort caused said question to be placed out of place. A good question none the less.
Too much BEER = posting in wrong section !!! Scott :big grin

Scott Gilmore

Too much BEER = posting in wrong section !!! Scott :big grin SOMEONE please move..........

hack02

No need to move. A prop doesn't work without an engine, thus it seems it was asked in a place or close to the right place that informs all of the readers of this website. Scott, you are an asset. I'm off to the fridge for a cold one.

Last edited:

John S

No need to move. A prop doesn't work without an engine, thus it seems it was asked in a place or close to the right place that informs all of the readers of this website. Scott, you are an asset. I'm off to the fridge for a cold one.
Thats funny stuff right there. Scotty, you find a shorty for the venom yet?

John S

Probably show up thurs night unless work prevents it. Then Ill show up friday. I got the tranq darts ready for you to go "crutch hunting"....

Scott Gilmore

So, I passed on the Hyperdrive for my 590lbs Venom/260..........good move or BAD ?? Scott (I really need some props to try on this boat) :beer:

froggy

Dear Scott Gulpmore,

One of the very best props, for the Venom, with decent power, is the, low rake, 4 blade Hoss Wasp.

That's the prop we tried on the Venom, at the ABote 50th and it kicked butt!

Get off your wallet and call Hoss.

froggy

Scott Gilmore

Dear Scott Gulpmore,

One of the very best props, for the Venom, with decent power, is the, low rake, 4 blade Hoss Wasp.

That's the prop we tried on the Venom, at the ABote 50th and it kicked butt!

Get off your wallet and call Hoss.

froggy
Froggy, OH god 4 blade makes me feel SO OLD (73 Isn't THAT OLD is IT ??? ) to spend $1100 for a new prop. Does it come with a seeing eye dog ???Scott :beer::beer:

ziemer

I've got one of each for my GS. Both are 28's and they both run almost exactly the same. Shoulda bought it. :gasp :very happy :very happy :beer:

froggy

Hey Gulpmore,

At your age I think an 8 blade prop is in order (he,he,he).

I think you must have gotten your Hoss price list from your buddy Mr. Geee Peee Eye. He must have really been hammering you. The price you mentioned is way too high.

froggy

ally2dextreme

I would never get rid of my tritons,i have only run the one hyperdrive i have and it suxed,i felt the tq steer with hydrolic steering!!!..It could be this one particular prop as a ll the other hoss props i have are awesome....

Scott Gilmore

I would never get rid of my tritons,i have only run the one hyperdrive i have and it suxed,i felt the tq steer with hydrolic steering!!!..It could be this one particular prop as a ll the other hoss props i have are awesome....
Now that sounds kind of like what I thought ............. for a light boat ! Scott :wink

Scott Gilmore

Hey Gulpmore,

At your age I think an 8 blade prop is in order (he,he,he).

I think you must have gotten your Hoss price list from your buddy Mr. Geee Peee Eye. He must have really been hammering you. The price you mentioned is way too high.

froggy
I'll give Mr. Hoss a call , $1100 wasn't a GPI quote (just a drunken price I picked out of the sky). Thanks Froggy .................now have another cigar & a pontoon ride !!
:beer:

Scott Gilmore

scott if your venom is the all yellow one from fla. i new the guy that used to own it. he used to run a 28 mercury e.t. on it. and it drove nice.
I'd bet that's the boat (if it was center steer & real light) , I bought it from a guy in Miami. Scott :big grin