Hoses/wires - rigging

GotMyAlly

When my boat was rigged, the hoses/cables going out the back of the boat to the motor fed in/out the two holes in the back of the boat as needed. When I turned, the cables would feed out and when I straightened back out they pulled back into the back of the boat. I took a couple of the wire wraps off to run the wire for my smartcraft through there last week and now that side doesn't feed in/out anymore. The other side still does. It has plenty of slack, and it'll feed back in if I push it in by hand, but when I turn it pulls back out and doesn't pull back in when I straighten up. I've cut the wire ties and rerouted the lines twice and can't get the wires to feed in/out like they did before. I know it is a minor thing, but it just annoys me...it just doesn't look as clean. What's the trick to running the cables into the back of the boat so they will feed in and out as needed?

deadeye99

I hope this shows up. I like the tubes to hide the wires and hoses. Bob

deadeye99

hull

Gfinch, well that is the best looking, fastest running, fish catchingest color scheme there is!! Mines a 96. Had since brand new. Bob

scott mann

rigging

This may or may not help...I ordered the Verado rigging kit the other day
(Mercury part #s 825191A03 and 875266A2) ran all my engine rigging wires and cables through the port side of the engine (one hose); the starboard side hole is for Transducer wiring, hydraulic plate hoses and hydraulic steering hose entry. I think it's pretty clean. I will try to post a pic or send to Kevin to get him to; when he can.