Higher revs for any Merc 2001 and up!

catfish123

He can do 225X motors. I talked to him the other day about it.

badbait

Higher revs on the 250 and the 300XS won't help you since the HP starts going south at 5800 on the 250 and 5900 on the 300XS. I here the new 300XS has a lower limiter than the 6400 they originally came with. Does anybody know this for sure. A friend of mine had a problem with the ECU on his 300XS and the one Merc sent him only had a 6000 limiter in it. If your porting is set up to make the most power at 58 to 5900 and starts tailing off very fast after that, higher revs isn't going to help. I would give it a lot of thought before changing the rev limiter on one of the green motors. Mercury has not been able to safely calibrate fuel at higher revs yet.

aaronmt

Mines a 03 225x, I talked to him the other day and will be doing it in november.He said he takes the flywheel from the 14lbs down to 11lbs and set the limiter at 7300.He set them higher but says for a longevity he likes 7300, which is fine by me.I also am haveing him do my injectors at the same time.I wanted to mess with the exhaust but he SIMON says I dont need to.Thats good enuff for me as of now.:big grin Aaron

J

John Richied

Mines a 03 225x, I talked to him the other day and will be doing it in november.He said he takes the flywheel from the 14lbs down to 11lbs and set the limiter at 7300.He set them higher but says for a longevity he likes 7300, which is fine by me.I also am haveing him do my injectors at the same time.I wanted to mess with the exhaust but he SIMON says I dont need to.Thats good enuff for me as of now.:big grin Aaron

That should give you some PUNCH if you prop down a few piches... :smile

catfish123

It should give you some punch even if you don't from what I've been told?

R

Redding XB21

Yo John, be sure to bring your pushin rope to Clearlake that you used so often when we went to Berryessa. Some are "going for broke".

JR

Can the newer 3 liters and the Greenies turn more Revs without coming unglued? Seems like it would be better to increase torque and go with higher gear ratios to get "mo speed".

jimmyb

the 225x is easy to make rev... the motor will rev easily with out any porting work and just the rev limiter "moved".

Making an opti rev is much more problematic to make power at high rpms. Remember you are injecting fuel directly into the cylinder and you need to inject a LOT very quickly to make power and have the fuel atomize so you can light it off... not easy to do at higher rpms. Can it be done? yes... the 200XS motors revved to 7500+ in race setups (roeun) but they arent making huge HP at that rpm

catfish123

I'll let you guys know soon my first hand opinion on these mods.

:big grin