Help on choosing allison SS2000

marshan16

Probationary User
Hi Everyone !! i must say you have a great site !! im not an allison owner but im seriously considering it!! i have a few questions i would be very happy if people could help me with. im considering buying a ss2000 but can any one give me some advise on how they handle in sea conditions as in england theres not many lakes !! i will be using the boat for water ski racing , my setup would be to fit a yamaha v4 130 to the allison, im interested also what type of performance i would get.also where i could possibly purchase a used one. also links to videos/ magazine tests reviews of that paticular boat running would be great !!

badbait

I pulled ski racers for 4 years with outboards in the past and unless they have a low horsepower class your not going to be competitive with a 130 on it. Depending on the weight of your observer and your skiier I think the best you could hope for is about 55 to 60 mph assuming your average weight is no more than 170 pounds for the three of you. The Excel model is the only one that has 2 seats up front. The passenger seat can be turned around for the observer. Putting the ski on while in the boat will be a challange. They don't come with ski polls but pulling from down low is usually prefered for this application. I have a SS2000 with a 280 on it and I know it would be very competive as a marathon boat. I'm not sure I would like it for circles even though its certainly fast enough. In the States for the last few years all you needed to run with the front runners was a boat that pulled at speeds a little over 80 and I sure mine would be close to 90.