Guide recommendations for Lake Okeechobee

Blue Gray in PA

Can anyone here give me a recomendation on a good guide service for the Lake Okeechobee area? I will be there on business later this month. Me and another guy from work would like to get in a day of fishing on 1/27/06 if possible but we want to keep it reasonably priced and fun. Anybody use a guide there they liked?

bassman33

guide sevice

I went last month with Mike Balon at Rolands Marina went through 5 dozen shiners by 10.30AM biggets fish was 6.2 LBS but we missed bigger fish.they were hitting so quick we only used 2 rods at a time.I would highly recommend him .His cell number is 561-308-2083 home number 863-983-3461. He s been guiding for about 14 years tell him a couple of tennessee fishermen recommended him.Rolands Marina is in Clewiston Florida. Be careful of other Guides in that area (I would recommend only going through a Roland Martin Guide or the marina they just bought adjacent to them.Better check on Rooms to stay in not very many hotel around.

white03

I personnaly know and recommend a guide at Rolands named Art Ferguson. He's a BASS pro and also guides seasonally at the Big O and up on the great lakes during the summer.

Look him upo at artoffishing.com

Bill

Yellowallison

Buddy of mine has a house down thier and he has been killing the bass on the north end near the monkey box trails.. FYI!!

Blue Gray in PA

Thanks for the info. We haven't stettled on a guide yet but hopefully I can finalize it today since we hope to be there next Friday. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Blue Gray in PA

Well, we made it out on the lake but the fishing was not the best. Most of the guides in the area were fishing in a Bassmasters tournament this past weekend but we found a guy who was available on Friday. The water temperature had dropped fifteen degrees over a two day period and the fish were not very interested in the shiners we were tossing out there. I caught one fifteen inch bass and my co-worker caught four including one twenty incher that was the biggest of the day - not counting the mudfish (bowfin) that was about twenty-five inches long. All in all we still had a good time and proved the old saying, " A bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work."

Hopefully I can go again this spring before it gets too hot and see what the lake is really like when the fish are feeding.