Grant's XB21 for sale at Reynolds

Chad Phillips

I was poking around looking at used boats and I came across what looks like Grant's Xb21 for sale, the ad says it was completely refurbished, blueprinted bottom and new seats and carpet. Good looking boat!

wasmeneh

I heard something on S&F that since he finished poorly he may not still be in the same tournaments as last year.

racerx

Well we know it wasn't the boats fault..lol Heck he probally fell in love with a Allison and wanted to hammer down more then fish he probally is buying a drag boat now....lol

Allyfishing

Selling without the motor?? Hmmm...interesting. Don't know what to make of that?? Keeping the motor to put on the next boat, whatever that may be....

TAlk over on BBC about the Elite field being increased in number of angler participants and possible cuts to the bottom rung of Pro's to make room. Who knows, like mentioned here maybe going a different boat or tour series all together.

90 5.0

He was on the list of guys cut from the elite field.
He has to fish the opens next year to re-qualify if that's what he decides to do.

Or maybe jump ship to flw, all you have to do is pony up the coin there to fish the tour level.

If that's it then its benifitial to fish a ranger so maybe that's what he's doing. Who knows.

What's important is there is a sweet boat for sale that aren't very many of around.

skewby

grant will be back in another xb 21 next year. i talk to glenn today and grants old boat is at the plant getting completely redone, new carpet seats and pad blue printed. glenn just has it listed to sale while grants new boat is being built.

Allyfishing

He must be hard on 'em if it needs to be refurbed after just a few short months.
A friend of mine was looking into purchasing Ike's basscat a few years ago after the season. It was advertised with a really great price. He said basscat sent him pics of it before it was gone over and it was a wreck!! But we all know Ike!!

This past August I marshalled at CAyuga and rode with James Niggemeyer and his 520C Ranger and I would not have hesitated to purchase it after the season. He was anal about everything. Charlie Hartley is the same way.

Grant had a deal with 2 sponsors in Texas that actually sought him out (according to what he told my wife at the rally) who he became friends with and if I'm not mistaken helped him with the Allison purchase. If I had to guess, Yamaha either took the motor back or Grant is to sell it to cover his cost of the sponsorship to Yamaha.

biller31

Grant's boat was immaculate. I put the only scratch it had on the topcoat while loading the trolling motor and he was not happy! LOL Just getting another XB21.