GrandSport is home

whipper

7800 with a 30 pitch and a 225 pm is a mighty strong promax i must say. Thats 5+ mph faster than mine does with a 28 pitch. What mods other than a raised box are on your motor? Fuel delivery stock or prostock? heads,SVS,Spacer,lighter flywheel?

Last edited:

whipper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sglrin_6Bw 93mph:big grin 7200-7300 with a 28 drag3 thats all she had that day. i was hopeing for a little more but the mph went down .2 on the final bump each way so at that hight there was no more. Got a go pro for Christmas go going to do alot more speed runs this summer. This was the setup i used to film that run haha

Last edited:

ScottB

7800 with a 30 pitch and a 225 pm is a mighty strong promax i must say. Thats 5+ mph faster than mine does with a 28 pitch. What mods other than a raised box are on your motor? Fuel delivery stock or prostock? heads,SVS,Spacer,lighter flywheel?
This is what Nick wrote in the description of the motor:
ProMax has less than 100hrs on rebuild. On a 280 bass mid with a sporty. Trey told me Jordans Marine down in TX did the rebuild. It's still stock bore and they used steel caged rod bearings. Has newer reeds, plugs & fuel pump. All adjustments (timing, TPS, etc) have been set to factory specs. Box has raised limiter and I think the fuel map has been cleaned up. Runs like a top. Compression is 138-142 last I checked.

whipper

This is what Nick wrote in the description of the motor:
ProMax has less than 100hrs on rebuild. On a 280 bass mid with a sporty. Trey told me Jordans Marine down in TX did the rebuild. It's still stock bore and they used steel caged rod bearings. Has newer reeds, plugs & fuel pump. All adjustments (timing, TPS, etc) have been set to factory specs. Box has raised limiter and I think the fuel map has been cleaned up. Runs like a top. Compression is 138-142 last I checked.
Thats great compression. Sounds like it was built very well. Mine had 125-128 comp after rebuild in SC at sea level and 118 at 2500ft above sea level up hear. I got jay to cut some 33cc heads and with the thin gasket got 130 but that was a few years ago now haven't checked mine since. Just waiting to maybe go 260 or something if the wife alows it.:wink I dont use my tps with the brucato box. I trimmed mine as far as I dare at all sorts of different heights until i lost mph. That's were I stop. Ive had a few death wish runs were it 100 or bust but got that out of my system and realize trying to do that with a 225 is just asking for trouble. Im not saying it cant be done with the right prop and motor. On the Allison site they advertize the GS as the first Veehulled sport boat to break 100mph with a 225. So it does happen just not with my 19 year old 1000 hr motor and props.haha:beer: If your getting 140 comp you have a very strongly built motor. I think todd got 98 or 99 with his and JR was close before also when he tryed at 98 or so also. solo for sure. 140 is 260 comp ratio so you got a good promax a keeper for sure.

Last edited:

whipper

Allison sounds Promiscuous. :big grin

On S&F it only takes 4-5 pages to deteriorate on a thread. Were so darn polite and respectful on the A owners it took 7. haha

Oh and wait it all happened on a most appropriate post number to. How ironic.

flying07

Allison sounds Promiscuous. :big grin

On S&F it only takes 4-5 pages to deteriorate on a thread. Were so darn polite and respectful on the A owners it took 7. haha

Oh and wait it all happened on a most appropriate post number to. How ironic.
:at the bar

ScottB

Can I have it back, Scott? :)

How's the driving lessons going?
I have the cleanest GS sides in the US right now :). Today was my second time out and still working with the speed. Trying to find a good spot for the trim and figuring out which steering corrections work. Still in the low 60s, but being safe. I can get it up on the pad, but not for long.

njj502

Washin em off huh? One day it'll just POP and you'll be driving it. Lots and lots and lots and lots of seat time. The first summer I had it I probably looked like a fool in it. If it gets a little wishy washy just start into a light left turn. Remember little corrections and don't saw the wheel. You got this buddy!

whipper

10 times out one hour strict practice min each time. You will have it buy then or before. Tell the wife,girlfirend,kids,buddys you will take them when you safely learn it. If you dont do it that way it takes forever because you want to just boat. Think about it like you haven't made the team yet. You want to be on the "A" team. So ya better practice..:D

whipper

Remember its very hard to ride the pad at 65. Your on and off at that speed. Now that ya know wear it climbs up on the pad stay in it and trim past that speed. Not much difference washing decals at 75 than 65 ;) because when you get it you will never drive at 65 ever again so why go to 65 go past it. All as 65 is were you {{start}} to have to drive her.

Mash foot to floor from rolling start. Trim as bow says to keeping bow from plowing. When ya reach 65 {it comes fast} bump trim again and try and little steering correction and drive her. If not slow down repeat. over and over again. one of these times youll sorta get it. when ya sorta get it you basicly got it the next day. i dont know about others but i didnt get it the last run of the day. i knew i was dam close though as i was basicly ok. hehe I went to the ramp and the very next day i had it first try. The rest was history.;)