GrandSport is home

ScottB

The GS is in the shop getting a few blemishes taken care of. Here is the before picture! Will share the fixed picture in a few days!

Attachments

njj502

Hey dude. Sorry for the goof on my part with the paperwork. I'm sure Billy will take care of it just fine and I can't wait to see how it turned out. Racerx has seen her run. If you need anything make sure you holler.

ScottB

Hey dude. Sorry for the goof on my part with the paperwork. I'm sure Billy will take care of it just fine and I can't wait to see how it turned out. Racerx has seen her run. If you need anything make sure you holler.
No problem with the paperwork... all taken care of the I have the plates in-hand. I just need to fast forward to spring!

ScottB

Here is a picture of the work in progress. I will see the final work in a few hours.

Attachments

catfish123

Out of curiosity, what does a repair of that type normally cost? He really did a great job on it!

ScottB

Nice. Glad billy took care of ya.
Cleaned the bilge and found an empty beer can. Was wondering how many rides that can had been on.:very happy Polished the ski pole and working on straightening out the skid planer. Off to storage she goes.

ScottB

Out of curiosity, what does a repair of that type normally cost? He really did a great job on it!
Billy at Bottoms Up in Illinois did the work.

It takes the right touch to get this perfect, as the gelcoat the Allison uses with darken over time (this is a 1993). I had him do a few small projects on the boat, but given it was a two color job with a perfect line, it was several hundred to get this part of it done. I had to be done, and done right.

whipper

happy to send a pic. . . it's the inverse color-wise of yours. . . though i'm tempted to have the 'windshield' wrapped in black. . .
I think she looks great as she sits. If your going to do the windscreen black i would also do the wing tips. OR windscreen in white would look better than black since there is no black. Thats my personal take on it. If you open the pic on your computer and open with paint you can try different colors and see what you like best. I did yours and the black looked better matching the wings than just the screen and the white looked sharp also with the red tips. Nice thing about white it doesnt fade like black. Mines a pain in the arse to keep looking good in black!! Piss poor example but you get the idea.

Last edited:

ScottB

You can always us a vinyl wrap on the areas you are not sure about. Less cost and less of a commitment, should you decide to go in another direction.

Trying to decide on what to do with my interior... maybe Whipper can get a few design options done for me this weekend :)

flying07

Thanks for the suggestions guys! and yes, i'd do a vinyl wrap if anything, that way easy to reverse. for now, she's staying like she is. . . i got to learn how to drive it first. . haha

Jon

Supporting Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys! and yes, i'd do a vinyl wrap if anything, that way easy to reverse. for now, she's staying like she is. . . i got to learn how to drive it first. . haha
Let us know how that wrap turns out. I would like to see a red cowl as well :laughing

Concerning driving... what you're going to do is drive really fast, and if something gets in your way, turn.