GPS Puck

TAC44

Have any of you guys mounted a Lowrance Gps puck on an XB2003. If so Where did you put it? Having trouble finding a good spot. Would like to have it somewhere towards the nose of the boat if possible.

chad202

depending on your gps mount, you may be able to mount it in the little recessed spot with the gps.

pickwickangler

Put mine in the rear side compartment on the lip (kinda in the wing so to speak) and it works great.

SLOmofo

If you fish and use it to mark locations try to mount it as close to the transducer as possable. Why? If you mount it in front and the transducer is in in back your points will always be 10'-20' away. Depending on what direction you approach that point could mean your twice as far away, or directly on top of it. ? ? ?

On the boat I fish out of, the one in front is within 2', the rear is 2 1/2'.

TAC44

Yeah thats why I wanted it in front by the trolling motor sonar. Its to big to fit in the recessed area with the littlet grab handle on the nose. Thought about making a bracket type mount that would also use the sonar mount. Kind of right behind the sonar and up a bit.

jpxb2003

Ive seen people rig em in the cup holders. That way you dont have to drill any holes

GFinch

I use Velcro to mount mine near the unit.(Champion) Just needs a clear unobstructed view of the sky. It will see through fiberglass, as the one for my speedo is on the ledge under the console.(XB2003) If you have two that are close to one another they can cause problems.

pickwickangler

If you have two that are close to one another they can cause problems.
Are you sure you dont meen 2 transducers close together? I have never heard of gps antennas interfearin with each other. I screwed 2 of em to a piece of plywood and siliconed it to the lip in the rear side compartment boat to keep from drillin any holes in the boat ( hate seing a hole drilled in a ally :furious). Pick up the satellites pretty quik and seems to work just as well as when I had it mounted on the deck (before I knew it would shoot through fiberglass :embarassed). Later

GFinch

I was having trouble with a Norskog(sp) speedo and called them about it they asked if there was another unit close to it. Now let me qualify this by saying I had the LCX16c with GPS antenna on it in the cubby hole. Since then I turn off the finder when testing and the speedo has performed correctly. (XB2003)